WRITING ON EXTERNAL DISK

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Ryter, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Ryter

Ryter New Member

Hello, i just bought an z9x but i discovered that i can't write on external disks, i want use my tvbox as nas, with various app (ftp server), but if i can't operate on my disks it is useless.

I read that there is a limitation about this operation, so someone advice to root the tvbox.
    any solution?

EDIT: my zidoo z9x is upgraded to version G, with gapp installed.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  2. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Not sure what your tvbox is but Zidoo does allow you to write to attached USB drives (copy/delete/rename etc) from a network PC, if you switch on Samba support in Settings.

3. Ryter

Ryter New Member

Yes It can COPY a file from zidoo ti PC, delete a file, (i should try ti rename), BUT add a new file/folder from PC to TV box Is impossible. So i can't manage my files or add new films remotely.

4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

On your PC and in "My Computer" can you see your Zidoo HDD?
    Like this image on mine.

shares.JPG

5. Ryter

Ryter New Member

Yes, i have access to my zidoo in this way
    I also have a server ftp app to access my hdds on the zidoo. But in any way is impossible to add new file or move in internally

upload_2022-12-5_9-4-33.png

6. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Why not just have a simple SMB or even the very old now NFS network share rather than FTP ? I have to admit I've never had any success with FTP on anything I've tried, so maybe it's a user name/password issue? Maybe others can help. I haven't had any problems with transferring files from anywhere to my 2 internal hdd's in the Zidoo or the reverse.

Phil181 likes this.
  7. Ryter

Ryter New Member

Yes but i not use only pc, but also other system to access my file. But the problem there is in anyway that i try. One app that i use, show me an arror about "android storage access framework"

upload_2022-12-5_10-2-46.png

8. Recoba86

Recoba86 New Member

Did you manage to solve?

9. Ryter

Ryter New Member

no, there is no solution, it works only with internal SAMBA Server.

10. Recoba86

Recoba86 New Member

This is very, very disappointing. So there is no solution other to use a PC/MAC to write files on the HDD attached to the Zidoo.