Wifi problem

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X5' started by Alex77, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Alex77

Alex77 New Member

Hi all,
    My new x5 seems to have big Wi-Fi problems: it loses connection every minute. In the same place my smartphone doesn't lose wifi connection. I try with two ruter.
    In both case wifi connections appears and disappear continuously.
    I'm using 1.0.9 firmware.
    Is it possible such a little wifi-range or connection stability?
    Using smartphone Wi-Fi teghtering all seems to be ok.
    I don't know what to do

ducatiman1098 likes this.
  2. bruno.contact

bruno.contact New Member

test with a static ip ??

box DHCP ?

3. Alex77

Alex77 New Member

X5 @ 5 m distance from router: unstable wifi signal (on off continuously).
    Smartphone @ 5m from router: very stable Wi-Fi signal

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

4. bruno.contact

bruno.contact New Member

have you the type of wifi and the channel ?

5. Alex77

Alex77 New Member

Yes I tried multiple channel.
    In my opinion the main problem is that wifi connections (from my router and from my neighbours) appear and disappear continuously. There is not a stable connection.
    From my smartphone there are plenty of stable connections

6. soulfire

soulfire New Member

the fact that the WiFi works good while using your tethered phone means that the connection is poor from the router to your tv box, you will either need a more powerful router or a wired connection to the box. using on WiFi and pretty good solid connection here, no issues

7. Alex77

Alex77 New Member

I expected a better wifi range. 5 m from router (1 wall) is not a large distance. In fact wifi signal received by a smartphone is good and stable.

8. soulfire

soulfire New Member

it depends how capable your router is as well , i have a similar distance from my router and have full bars with 0 signal drops.

9. Alex77

Alex77 New Member

Same place: wifi data transmission and stability through smartphone is perfect

10. aderbale70

aderbale70 New Member

I bought the Zidoo X5 Android TV BOX but the WI-FI experience is very bad...if the distance between my router and Zidoo X5 is more than 2,5 meters, the box can't connect even if the WIFI power signal is good...mah...is there a solution?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  11. jfk92

jfk92 New Member

for me in wifi it s verry nice my box router it s wifi ac i have 25 mégas at 9 meters