Wifi extend

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by jettini92, Dec 28, 2016.

1. jettini92

jettini92 New Member

Salve .. Volevo sapere se è possibile utilizzare x9s di estendere il wifi senza utilizzare il cavo ethernet

Hi .. I wanted to know if it is possible to utilize x9s to extend the wifi without using the ethernet cable

2. looun

looun Member

jettini92 likes this.
  3. jettini92

jettini92 New Member

Ok grazie...ma non riesco a capire se lo zidoo è collegato al modem via lan! ... non mi compare la tendina wifi nel menù

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Please, write here in english. Even some of us speak italian, this is an english forum... ;)
    Will you explain with more details what you want to do?

5. jettini92

jettini92 New Member

ok sorry ... I want to use x9s as wifi extender, but I do not find in openwrt menu "network ----> wifi-wireless"

6. PacoRabanne

WiFi (range) extender, or WiFi repeater?
    You want to use X9S as a (full) wireless repeater? I.e. a device that receive a WiFi signal and resend it to other device and viceversa?
    Or as an AP (Access Point), that make a wired connection available wireless (via WiFi) ?

I'm asking those above to help Zidoo understand your request.
    I don't think I'll able answer you, I'm not interested in using my X9S as a repeater, my home is very well covered by my WiFi network

My absolutely personal opinion: I prefer to spend few euro for a good extender, that do its job without loading my device with another task.
    Only for information, a friend of mine bought a Fritz!box extender (the cheapest one) some days ago, I helped him to configure it (remotely!), and I was surprised for the good performances for the money! Totally transparent! Same SSID and same gateway, like connecting directly to the main router! Not very high speed, is the cheapest and so the slowest, but depends on the real use. Your mileage may vary...

jettini92 likes this.
  7. jettini92

jettini92 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I need to configure x9s as a (full) wireless repeater. Fritz know, but I wanted to take advantage of this feature to x9s .. can not find in openwrt menu section (NETWORK) wifi ... Only problem

8. jettini92

jettini92 New Member

9. PacoRabanne

Sorry no one from Zidoo has answered...
    I don't know if original OpenWRT supports what you need (if not, give up...), anyway keep in mind that Zidoo OpenWRT implementation is a subset of official one, and some features maybe will never be available.