Wi fi e LAN

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Graziano Massimo, May 23, 2016.

1. Graziano Massimo

Graziano Massimo New Member

Scusate, ma a voi funziona il WiFi contemporaneamente alla LAN? Grazie

2. vergalabs

vergalabs New Member

no nenache a me funziona ma penso sia normale come nei pc o sei connesso tramite ethernet o tramite wifi.
    non è possibile avere due connessioni attive nello stesso momento

3. Graziano Massimo

Mica tanto normale....!! Ls LAN ha un indirizzo ed il WiFi un'altro. E quindi se volessi associare una tastiera o applicazione su smartphone tramite wifi non posso farlo. Sono costretto a comprare tastiera bluetooth.

4. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

[QUOTE = "Massimo Graziano, posts: 10043, member: 2822"] Excuse me, but to you does the same WiFi LAN? Thanks [/ QUOTE]
    Yes, you can connect to a Local Area Network (LAN) using either WiFi or Ethernet. So, WiFi=LAN. or Ethernet=LAN in most cases.

5. Graziano Massimo

Ethernet si intendevo.

6. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Harlan, the question was if is possible to use wifi connection and lan (ethernet) connection in the very same moment.
    Graziano Massimo says that in his enviroment he got two different addresses in the two connections.
    Graziano Massimo, try to explain a little better your questione and your situation, else, if explain in english is too difficult, try to ask the same in italian on Androidiani forum in the X6 dedicated thread.

7. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

My answer still stands. You can use one or the other to connect to your LAN. The Android AOSP connectivity services source code treats them both as LAN connections and will always disconnect from one of them (failover), just like your phone will disconnect from a cellular connection when it is within range of one of your stored WiFi networks, unless your vendor has customized the connectivityservices.java source code. I don't know of any OEMs who do that, but have seen some custom ROMs that do allow it. It isn't a Linux kernel limitation.