Why using ZDMC

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by Yaacov, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Yaacov

Yaacov New Member

hello.
    I have a Zidoo X9s.
    I understand that kodi work well as the ZDMC work.
    What is the edvantage to using ZDMC over the KODI that is an embeded app in the ZIDOO?

Regards.
    Yaacov.

2. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

ZDMC give you 3840x2160 display. Kodi 1920x1080
    Everything else about the same.

3. JBA6

JBA6 Member

It used to be that ZDMC supported the Zidoo hardware better than Kodi. I'm not convinced that's still the case with the latest versions of Kodi. The last version of Kodi I tested on my Z9S was version 18.7 and as far as I could tell there was nothing that ZDMC 18.4 did better than Kodi 18.7 and certainly on a Z9S Kodi is more than capable of playing 4K video files at their full 3840 x 2160 resolution which I'm sure was also the case with the X9S I used to own a few years ago.
    JB

4. GettnBetter

GettnBetter New Member

ZDMC basically offloads the video playback to a native Zidoo player. This means ZDMC on the Zidoo supports frame-packed 3D iso's with full range passthrough digital audio. The video player offload is a bit funky, not perfect but is a clean 3D solution with a low power footprint. I use the real KODI for everything except 3D. Very pleased with these little Zidoo's

5. DMD

DMD Member

Good morning
    I am interested in the Z9X model and I would like to buy it and I am fond of the Kodi interface that I use on my old media player (HiMedia Q10 pro).
    For this I apologize for my ignorance towards the Zidoo and I would like to ask 2 questions.
    1- The ZDMC which practically should be the same as Kodi, it is possible to install third party skins like Aeon MQ 8.
    2- Does ZDMC follow the same releases as the official Kodi app?

Sincerely thank you

6. LarryZ

LarryZ Member

There is no ZDMC version for Z9X yet. The current ZDMC version is for the RTD1295/RTD1296 models only. But Zidoo said they will bring ZDMC for the new players too.
    To your questions:
    1: Yes you can install third party skins.
    2: ZDMC version is not up to date with the current KODI versions. They are a bit behind. (ZDMC 18.4 and KODI 18.8)

7. DMD

DMD Member

Thank you for the answers.
    I wanted to ask instead if it was possible to install the latest official Kodi apps and then use the Wrapper. It can be possible?
    Thank you.

8. LarryZ

LarryZ Member