Which Zidoo player support USB DAC ?

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by techdialetic, Aug 10, 2023.

1. techdialetic

techdialetic New Member

Hello, I'm in search of a Zidoo player that is compatible with USB DAC and also supports Tidal Connect. Could anyone recommend a specific model number?

2. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

UHD3000 and UHD5000 both have an excellent DAC with USB input. I don't know about Tidal connect but they are listed as Roon ready and also UPnP AirPlay rendering.

3. Ctrl-Alt-Del

Ctrl-Alt-Del New Member

I think, techdialetic meant a Zidoo player without DAC, which can be connected to a USB DAC. As far as I know, every Zidoo player is compatible with a USB DAC. I would recommend a Zidoo Z9X or a Zidoo Z9X Pro. I don't know about Tidal Connect, either, but the Zidoos are made for playing or streaming local media files. Tidal will probably work, but you will have to turn the TV on to use the tidal app. Or you use it via Roon, which still does not run on Z9X Pro.

4. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Every Zidoo player has a built in Airplay and UPnP. Not sure if they have USB audio out. I think NVidia Shield maybe a better option for streaming and USB audio related items.

5. mtf123

mtf123 New Member

Zidoo Z2000 PRO works excellently with external USB DAC. Tested with CHORD Mojo2

6. geebolt

geebolt Member

My Z10 and Z2600 both work very well with a USB DAC.