Which amplifier to combine with the Eversolo dmp a8

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Debian7, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Debian7

Debian7 New Member

I intend to purchase the Eversolo DMP-A8 which amplifier do you recommend to pair it with? Budget around €800 - €1000

2. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

It depends on what speakers you have, only your ears can give the best answer A good option in your budget is the Eversolo AMP-F2

3. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

The Topping LA90 measured perfectly on ASR. I have no experience with it though.

4. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

Amplifier and loudspeakers should be considered as one, imho any proper Hypex/Purifi implementation is going to be unbeatable in terms of both SQ and expenditure.
    Keith

5. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

This does not mean at all that it sounds good. It is possible that with some speakers, difficult to drive, may not sound right at all. The ideal would be to listen to it on your speakers or at least on some with similar characteristics. I recommended the F2 Eversolo because I listened to it with three loudspeakers, Wharfedale Linton, which are easy to drive, the more demanding Opera Callas and the very demanding Harbeth P3ESR, and it did very well with all of them. But this does not mean that will play well on your speakers.

Desmodromic and Racer X like this.
  6. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Agree.

7. Debian7

Debian7 New Member

Come vanno questi amplificatori? Quale mi consigliate e perché?
    DenonDRA-900H
    Marantz Pm7000n
    ROTEL A12MKII:
    ROTEL A14MKII

8. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

If the amplifier has inaudible distortion ( which it does) and drives your speaker properly without clipping then it will be audibly transparent.
    You may of course prefer the sound of added distortion.
    Keith

_Richard_ likes this.
  9. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

10. n8wrl

n8wrl New Member

I have used the DenonDRA-900H (driving Axiom M5HP bookshelf speakers). That was ok in my small office.

I am now using this:

https://emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/xpa-2-gen3

driving KEF R11 Meta's in the media/TV room and like it a lot, especially the XLR inputs.

Have fun!

-Brian

11. Oldie1

Oldie1 New Member

I’ve used a Mini GaN 5 and it was a very good pairing, but upgraded to an Orchard Audio Duo and it sounds even better. The Orchard is above your budget, but the Mini GaN is within your price range.

12. John Ross

John Ross New Member

I have balanced outputs going (via a xlr switch box) to two mono topping la90ds or for headphones a topping a90d. Sounds great with both. Speakers are q acoustic concept 40. Headphones are hifiman edition xs or Sennheiser hd600.

I am well impressed with the sound quality.

UI and app however, not so much, especially when compared with blueos.

Nutul likes this.