Where to buy Z9X in Australia

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Six66Mike, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

I noticed the Zidoo shop no longer has the Z9X available, either on the website or on Amazon.

I found an ex-demo model in Adelaide from Selby but they won't ship, collect from store only.

eBay and Gumtree don't seem to have anything, local Hi-Fi shops don't either.

Is there stock left anywhere or is it all PRO models now? I want a reliable player and the PRO doesn't seem to be it, mostly will be playing music from it in a new studio I'm building so I can practice music. May eventually use it as a small home cinema, so want it to be a decent video player as well.

Any feedback on shops or overseas suppliers that will sell to AU at a reasonable price (under $300 AUD), please drop them here.

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

3. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Yeah $400 is almost a full $100 more than I paid for mine a year ago. It's about the only price point I can find though. :eek:

4. Netmask

The international price of our dollar is lower from last year, money goes to where high interest is paying. Our bank interest altho high is still a few % below the International market, so everything imported is dearer. Good luck!

5. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

6. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Yeah that's in my OP, they won't send it to QLD.

7. Netmask

How weird! I’m in Sydney and they send all manner of stuff to me. Where are you in QLD?, of course it is as big as Europe but courier services are pretty competitive. I sent a Beyonwiz all the way to Perth for a repair/mod and it was au$20 both ways. I think from memory it was Pack and Send.

8. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

That's a bit of a bugger regarding postage.
    I purchased mine through the official site when they were first released, before they were available on the Aussie market. maybe try that option.
    I don't know if the Z9X still available.
    Good luck with your search.

9. Netmask

Hey! Drive down for a long weekend, it’s only 2600km from Brisbane to Melbourne. I’ve driven half the distance in one very long day Sydney to Gold Coast. Pity there aren’t any cheap flights at the moment with schoolies and Xmas coming up.

10. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

ha ha, good one Netmask :p:D.
    I can only suggest to maybe keep an eye on the Aussie StereoNET for sale forums and the like, they come up on there occasionally.

11. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Selby will deliver to QLD, the Malvern store in SA will not ship their ex-demo Z9X though. In-store purchase of that specific device.

12. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

13. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Definitely overkill for what I need in this new room.

Until I find something better, I'm dusting off my old Sony 60 CD carousel stereo and setting that up out there. Won't be able to stream a damn thing but I can play audio CD's and any mp3 discs I burn.

14. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

Mike you devil, you are aware these units are not internet streamers?
    My impression (and use) is they are mainly for local content. I guess that is a form of streaming....

15. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Playing content from my NAS is streaming. I'm well aware they don't stream from apps on the web, but neither do I. Everything is on my NAS.

Bertrum likes this.
  16. Wacko37

Wacko37 New Member