Where does the music library data file reside on the DMP-A6?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Alan Rutlidge, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

Possibly a question for the eversolo DMP-A6 gurus.

Where in the operating system does the music library data file reside? By this I mean the database file that the MUSIC search function uses to search for particular tracks, artists, albums, genre etc. Where is this file stored in the system and what is its filename?

The reason for asking is I think mine has somehow become corrupted and won't rebuild or update properly. All my music tracks are tagged with the same tagging format and therefore a search should readily find all tracks, artists and albums by name but it doesn't. :( I've even tried reformatting my SSD, loading back all the music and rescanning it to no avail. Also, a re-scan curiously starts at 91%. o_O My internal 4TB SSD has 33032 tracks with 143.5GB of free space still available. Internal storage shows 23.2GB of free space available.
    Have I exceeded the database limit?

I'm thinking that if the database file has somehow become corrupted that this is preventing it from updating properly and if I delete the database file manually the system will have to rebuild it from scratch. Any thoughts or suggestion would be most welcome as this is becoming a bit frustrating now. :( Currently on v1.2.64 of the firmware.