What is going on ?! Help?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by SlimJ1980, Sep 10, 2016.

1. SlimJ1980

SlimJ1980 New Member

Ok so up until two nights ago, everything was fine. All apps running, Kodi running fine etc.
    I had to move the box to my bedroom (on wireless) as I am just out of hospital. Suddenly Kodi is not playing streams (endless loading screen) and as of last night the mouse will not respond to left click to choose menus. As we all know the zidoo remote is pain to try to use . .but my real question is what the hell is going on with the zidoo box in general ? Had the latest update messed with ZMBC or what ?

Thanks to anyone that can help .
    Feel lost here stuck in bed !

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Mine, update a week ago to 1.0.40, is still working, I've used ZDMC to watch a (more or less) streaming (on demand) channel without big problem (sometimes buffering, not more than four times in a one hour program), and watching a downloaded movie streamed by my PC using Universal Media Server withou ANY problem at all.
    Am I lucky?
    Indeed mine is "sticked" on the top of my TV since a long time.
    And yes, IR remote has an irregular behaviour (VERY irritating for me), but always the same: right after boot for at least half a minute, or at the beginning of a movie with ANY player, X6 don't receive commands (blue led not blinking during IR sends), but after a while, it receives (from 2 meters) without the need to direct it with a excessive precision, neither the need to be exactly in front of X6.
    I still doubting is related to power supplying, but I've not an alternative good, reliable, power enough and with right connector and polarity power supply to check it.
    Else is something not filtering/decoupling enough internal X6 power distribution, or (still internal) interferences between SoC and IR circuitry...

But this don't solve your problem, I'm really sorry!

3. SlimJ1980

SlimJ1980 New Member

Lol, thank you for being kind enough to reply anyway, Paco
    Still can't get any thing on Kodi to work . All the add-ons are acting up. Streams aren't loading , getting error msgs etc
    So frustrating and I don't know what the problem is !!

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I d0n't know if you accept to try a "factory reset", then add only one streaming addon to ZDMC to check if it then will go.
    One addon I've tested succesfully is the one you find here https://github.com/Zanzibar82/plugin.video.streamondemand/releases.
    If neither this one installed alone (except needed dependencies) runs, send back your X6 Pro, it has unsolvable problems.
    Of course excluding that FW is damaged...
    P.S. please don't ask me "how do I install this addon" or "how do I do a clean and reliable FW flash", for first question you'll find in internet better explanation then mine (that now I don't remember, I'd followed some guide found around), for the latter there are well done procedure linked somewere in this forum.

Good luck!

5. SlimJ1980

SlimJ1980 New Member

Yeah I did that today .. reinstalled Kodi and just exodus add-on . Seems to still be issues with it . I dunno, possible my ISP .. will keep trying.