Weird ZDMC VS10 issue

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by Hippoponderous, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

I'm experiencing a strange issue with ZBMC 19.4 using the external player option & VS10 (enabled for all content):

When playing any HDR/SDR movie, VS10 outputs HDR as per my settings - great.

However, when playing any HDR/SDR TV episode, VS10 is not triggered and the episode plays as SDR (even HDR episodes) - not great.

I must note that I am using a Jellyfin server & Jellyfin Kodi client for playback. Everything is played over my LAN & there is no transcoding.
    If I play a TV episode via USB or NFS/SMB share, the VS10 engine works as expected. It's only via the Jellyfin Kodi client that the TV episode plays in SDR.
    Audio is not affected in any way.

Obviously, it would seem as if Jellyfin is the culprit, but I'm at a loss to work out why VS10 works for the movie library, but not the TV library.
    I've tried different HDR settings, but the outcome is still the same.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

2. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Update:
    I mistakenly thought HDR10 vids were being mapped to SDR, but they're not. I've found that all SDR & HDR is being mapped to HDR10 while only DV is consistently output as DV. Occasionally, an SDR file will get mapped to DV, but it seems to be completely random.
    I have set all content to be mapped to DV using VS10, & when I use HT4 there are no issues with mapping. Only when I use ZDMC.
    I am using the latest alpha firmware, so maybe that's where the fault lies?