Weird sound issue with Zidoo Z1000 Pro - please help

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Naiera, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Naiera

Naiera Member

Hello there.

I have encountered a strange issue with the sound output on my Z1000 Pro. This happens using HDMI, optical and coaxial.

When I turn the volume up on my amplifier, I get these "bump" sounds. The higher the volume, the louder the sound gets, and if it goes high enough, the amp shuts down and says DC LEVEL, which is a safety feature it has.

This only happens using the Zidoo (other video sources are Oppo BDP-103, Panasonic DP-UB824 and the latest Apple TV 4K) and it happens using every type of digital output. HDMI goes to a Lumagen Radiance Pro scaler and out through an Amazon Basics audio extractor. After that, the sound goes to my Hegel HD25 DAC and then via balanced audio cables to my Simaudio Moon 600i amplifier.

I tried putting the optical output from the Zidoo in an optical to coaxial converter, which solved a somewhat similar DC LEVEL issue with the Panasonic UHD player. I tried putting the power cable from the Zidoo in a different power strip. I tried using different settings in the audio menu, including downsampling to core audio tracks, which only seemed to activate DC LEVEL quicker because the sound level was higher.

As mentioned, this only happens using the Zidoo. I just confirmed using the Apple TV that nothing is wrong there. Any and all help would be highly appreciated. The Z1000 Pro is a wonderful player all in all, but this issue has to be fixed.

2. Naiera

Naiera Member

It kind of sounds like when you tap a live microphone.