VU meter lower than right

Discussion in 'Eversolo DAC-Z6 / DAC-Z8' started by Seler43, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Seler43

Seler43 New Member

Привет, ребята.
    Я начал замечать, что мои волюметры стали показывать неправильно. Постоянно наблюдаю, что левый волюметр отстает от правого. Эта проблема проявляется только визуально на экране. Все звучит сбалансированно через напольные динамики и наушники. Не знаю в чем может быть проблема, подскажите пожалуйста, может кто сталкивался с таким.

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

To double-check this in detail you may want to try to use a player that allows to pan right/left, and send only the right channel to the DAC, listen and watch.
    Then do the same for the left channel.

I've never seen such a behavior on my Z8, and I do not think this can be related to any hardware; the VUs are entirely software; and software does not "degrade" over time... ;-)

3. Seler43

Seler43 New Member

I used the sound test to check: . And my left VU meter twitches when the right channel plays.
    I think the problem is with Windows 10 as sometimes this problem goes away and then comes back.

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Download a proper LEFT/RIGHT audio track, not Youtube videos that might have all possible artifacts added to the audio stream.

5. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

Are you using the Thesycon Asio Driver, so you bypass the Windows mixer ?

6. Seler43

Seler43 New Member

I'm not using the Thesycon Asio Driver. Now I think it's worth it.
    Thank you for reaching out for help. I figured out what the problem was. It’s because of Microsoft Visual C++ from 2015 that they somehow strangely affected VU meters.
    I came across a topic from one forum and people had similar thoughts.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024