Volume Direct Mode Question

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by ChainDriven, Apr 24, 2024.

1. ChainDriven

ChainDriven New Member

Hi All,

Can someone confirm or deny the fact that on optical or USB output when the volume is set to the maximum and you get the banner saying "Volume Direct Mode" if this means you get bit perfect transmission please?

I know you get it when using the volume passthrough but I need to be able to change volume on the XLR outputs while still getting bit perfect on the digital outputs.

Thanks!

2. DJpower

DJpower New Member

You can set volume pass-through(direct volume) differently for analog output and digital output. It is convenient to turn on the pass-through option for the digital volume and set the analog XLR volume to variable.

3. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

That message says that the volume passthrough is ON and you have no ability to change volume. As far as I know this means bit perfect transmission when we are talking about digital output. You have analog output and its own volume control separate from digital, but there is only one common volume passthrough setting. So have your volume passthrough OFF and you can change the analog volume as you want. If you have selected analog out say XLR then you don't have digital out at the same time available as a choice. However if you turn a digital output on, as long as its digital volume is set at max 15, I think it will be bitperfect. Just you can't have both active simultaneously as far as I know.

4. ChainDriven

ChainDriven New Member

Thanks but my question is is "volume Direct Mode" bit perfect or do you only get that by ticking "volume pass-through"

5. ChainDriven

ChainDriven New Member

Brilliant, exactly what I needed to know! Thank you.