Video stuttering framerate problem or bad file?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Frostb!te, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Hey,
    I have a 4K HEVC MKV video, that stutters constantly like every 1 or 2 seconds. I figured out it's a framerate problem. But I don't know whether it's a bad encoded file or Zidoo uses the wrong frame rate with the auto frame rate mode.

The Windows tool mediainfo shows the following about the file:
    Frame rate 25 FPS
    Original frame rate 23.976 FPS

Zidoo chooses 23.976 fps with the auto frame rate mode and keeps stuttering. However, forcing Zidoo to use 25 FPS instead, plays the video smoothly.
    As a side note: VLC and the builtin Windows 10 video player play the file smoothly by default. So it seems like a bug with the Zidoo.

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I've read about this on the forum. Zidoo uses the wrong info from the mkv. You could try to modify the mkv with MKVToolNix.

3. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Hey you both, the MKVToolNix solution didn't help yet.
    I've set "default duration/FPS" to 25p and checked "fix bitstream timing info". The "Original frame rate" will stay at 23.976. This setting will affect only "Frame rate", which is already correct.
    So I guess I'd need a way to fix the wrong "original frame rate"

4. vidwiz

vidwiz New Member

Dont have much tech info on mine but sounds similar to the severe stuttering i get trying to play a personal drone video. plays fine on computer, seemed like a codec issue but never sat down to figure it out, not that important.