Vertex3 does not work

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Kuzmich, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Kuzmich

Kuzmich New Member Beta test group

Hi Zidoo Team!

I have a OCZ Vertex3 with the latest firmware 2.25.
    The drive has one GPT partition with ext4 file system, device connected with the original cable.

The drive is not mounted does not appear in the properties and is not available in zidoo explorer. In openwrt, the device is also not available. This bug is on all firmwares after 1.1.26 for x9s.

Several times I created the partitions, formatted the drive in a different file system and changed the firmware in the TV box. SDD stably works only with firmware 1.1.26 for x9s, with any file system (ntfs/ext234, etc.)
    If everything is done quickly, I noticed that the drive sometimes appears for a few seconds after switching on and disappears. This happens with the latest firmware version 1.2.11
    Another WD HDD with GPT EXT4 works fine with any firmware for x9s.
    What do you recommend?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Contact OCZ ? Also try NTFS

3. Kuzmich

This drive with ntfs also works only with firmware 1.1.26 for x9s.
    ps This drive worked fine in 3 desktops with intel and amd chips more than 3 years.
    I found another Vertex3, it also works with x9s only with this firmware version.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

they may have changed something in firmware that makes them incompatible with the android kernel . Can you boot a live linux USB ? does it work under linux ?

5. Kuzmich

OK, I'll try to install linux today.