Using Room EQ Wizard to create FIR filters for the A8’s DSP

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Bergholdt, Jan 27, 2024.

1. ümüt uluk

ümüt uluk New Member

2. ümüt uluk

ümüt uluk New Member

'm very sorry to bother you, but I have a question, I would be happy if you answer it. I bought an umuk1 microphone and did it as you said from the rew software. Or rather, I couldn't do it the same way as you. I have two questions: 1. What should be the speaker distance from umuk 1?
    2. I uploaded my own version and when I listened to the sound, there was very little bass and a very unbalanced sound. Is this process correct to use while listening to music? Thank you now, good luck.

3. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

The microphone should be placed at your listening position (where your ears are when listening). Just point the microphone towards the center between your speakers.

‘Room curve’ is what you can use to boost the bass.

4. n8wrl

n8wrl New Member

This is wonderful stuff and I really appreciate the effort that you put into it.

I've spent the the measuring and tweaking speaker position, and now I have FIR data ready to upload.

I've searched the forums and I'm left with a really dumb question - where is the DSP menu?

I don't have an IPad - I can't find it on my Android phone or on the touch-screen itself.

Thank you!

-Brian

5. Bergholdt

On the A8 screen, you can find it here:

IMG_0407.jpeg IMG_0408.jpeg

IMG_0409.jpeg

6. n8wrl

n8wrl New Member

Bah! I see both icons now. For some reason I thought it would be in Settings. It's always in the last place I look.

Now, I've created and "uploaded" a couple of DSP configs. I'd like to clean up and I don't see how to delete a DSP Config.

?

Thank you so very much for your patience!

7. Bergholdt

You can delete all but the original one.

IMG_0412.jpeg IMG_0413.jpeg

8. n8wrl

n8wrl New Member

Got it - thank you so much.

I renamed the first/bad one "*** don't use" and I'll upload on top of it next time.

Part of my problem is, for some reason, the app doesn't rotate on my android phone. It stays in portrait mode so I don't see the small app icons at the bottom of the screen where the DSP button is. I have to go to the A8 itself.

I've been experimenting with "house curves," specifically one described here:

Big fun!

9. Bergholdt

On the iPad, you can change orientation by clicking DMP-A8 and then the horizontal/portrait icon.

IMG_0414.jpeg IMG_0415.jpeg

Vladislav mavraganis likes this.
  10. n8wrl

n8wrl New Member

I don't even see the list-on-the-left that you have on my Android phone. Here's what I see:

Screenshot_20240412-125142.png

The funny thing is, _sometimes_ it will be landscape and look exactly like the A8's display. I see no widgets to switch orientation.

I'll have to check my tablet.

11. Bergholdt

I think, landscape is tablet only. iPhone is portrait only.

Cast Mode on the iPhone automatically goes to landscape, though, to take advantage of the whole screen.

12. n8wrl

n8wrl New Member

I'll have to pay more attention. I'm 90% sure I've seen landscape on my phone.

When in portrait I don't see the tiny "back... home..." icons that you see on landscape on the right.

And it has been landscape at some points. I'll get the tablet out. I'll be using it for Roon anyway.

Sorry to hijack this REW thread. Feel free to trim these posts if it makes sense.

-Brian

13. Bergholdt

No problem. The Android tablet app is fairly new compared to the iPad app, so it might be slightly ‘behind’.

Android phones will be horizontal in ‘Cast’, I believe (when you see a copy of the A8 screen on your phone).

14. kumizi

kumizi New Member

Awesome tutorial. I ordered a Umik 1.

Cant wait to try measurements and DSP.

15. watson96

watson96 New Member

Спрошу в этой теме, чтобы не создавать новую тему.
    При воспроизведении файлов формата DSD функция DSP недоступна и значок DSP пропадает с экрана, так и должно быть? Если нет, то в чем может быть причина этого явления?

16. Bergholdt

Only PCM up to 192khz is handled by the DSP.

See this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11L7s07UBKyV9YjezP5b5eRwgUzA4a-jK/view

watson96 likes this.