Usb power cable

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Xoxi Xiola, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Is there any? Power source is standard 5V so there are no any technical barriers. I want to connect zidoo to my tv usb (if too less power, dual usb power connector) or standard 2A 5V usb charger.

But I can't find any usb power cable for zidoo x6 to buy.

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

So you want to power X6 from one or two USB ports using a cable with one or two USB A connector on one side and the right (for X6) power plug on the other side?
    Are you sure your TV can deliver a so high current?
    Standard USB 2.0 ports has maximum capability of 0.5 A ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB ) , else they must be modified to give more by the device (TV ?) manufacturer.

3. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Yes why not? My tv is able to give at least 1A on each usb port. I tested some other tv boxes (with even 2A power supply included by default) and they worked even when powered from single usb port

I have also 4A mobile charger with usb output. So definitely that kind of cable could be useful.

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I agree.
    To the purpouse, you can accurately identify the Zidoo X6 plug type (there are many, but not so to not be able to identify it unambiguously).
    Here an accurate example of identification of a kind of "power plug" [​IMG] with all the quote.

This in an "universal" USB power cable with 3 common plug adapter: https://www.amazon.com/BiXPower-Power-Popular-Interchangeable-Connector/dp/B006MWXZM0

Maybe Zidoo could give us the right plug identification and polarity, or even a "trusted" USB cable brand/model.

P.S. someone in the past had his X6 power supply broken, and has bought another compatible without big troubles, maybe the him can give us details on the right plug to choose.