USB Audio not working

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by Grzegorz Bakuła, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Grzegorz Bakuła

Grzegorz Bakuła New Member

USB AUDIO driver in Android not working

I use an external DAC USB converter: "ifi iOne". It should work on a USB cable from Android with standard resolutions up to 48 kHz 16 bit but does not make any sound.
    I am currently using emergency by SPDIF. The USB interface only works with the "USB Audio Player Pro" program but it has a built-in USB driver and omits Android.

latest firmware 1.20

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

Hello I tested for you an old USB dac "Music streamer II" and it works plug and play on H6 V 1.0.2.

But it again shows the firmware limitations, nearly funny as the qhick settings don't seem to know where the sound is coming from...

Attached Files:

3. Grzegorz Bakuła

i have the same too. if you enter advanced settings then you will see what is playing
    i see my device on list but it not working.

Does your USB DAC really make a sound?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  4. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

yes it really works well and I in fact really like it, better than my toslink one :) thanks to you I actually have a better sound and I am re-using an old dac I didn't expect to be compatible. I setted it as primary soud output in passthrough for music with a really great improvment :)

5. Grzegorz Bakuła

I'm jealous and I'm glad that I could help you improve the quality of your life. For now, everyone is sending me back saying that it is not their fault.

6. mitchell4you

mitchell4you Member

cheap 5.1 usbdac (realtek) = works
    *but playing series on Netflix : first EPs sound / auto next EPs no sound ( DRM issue ? )
    ** solution is to : bring down top bar twice...then return to Netflix hit play

dragonfly usbdac = makes vids/ audio fast forward
    *USB audio player pro = works oke

7. Grzegorz Bakuła

I got the answer from iFi:
    "...seems to be USB audio class 1 meaning sample rates only up to 24bit/96Khz, the iFi iOne is audio class 2.0 (Hi-Res) and must have driver or meet specifications of Android."
    so my DAC works like yours dragonfly or does not work

Overall, this H6 Pro works terribly. The Chinese do not take over Google. Google Play only works after you uninstall the updates every time I want use it. :confused:

8. Grzegorz Bakuła

USB DAC class 2.0 still not working. firmware 1.0.25
    Has H6Pro implemented Android Open Accesory Protocol 2.0?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  9. mitchell4you

mitchell4you Member

hmm.. small heads-up
    I bought khadas tone board (vim version ) USB DAC
    but it seems to be working fine on the h6 (still running a old firmware )(connect to usb3)
    *played tunin radio / YouTube ect
    the audio is quite good.. :)

note:
    khadas tone..uses more alot power then the dragonfly ( about 4times )
    it states to be compatible with libreelec units.. it is.. but not with perfect audio on my units (s805/s802)

cheers