upgrade back to 1.26

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Kurt, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Kurt

Kurt Member

Hi,
    I have 1.2.11 on the x9s now, can I put back older version 1.2.6 (was originally on the box)
    like any other update?
    I cant take the black bar at the top of the video screen anymore.
    From what I can remember, 1.2.6 was working fine with kodi 17 as well.

thanks

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can't " upgrade " to a lower firmware.its called a downgrade. You need to flash the box using a USB stick and the 1.2.7 image. ( not sure if 1.2.6 image is on forum. but 1.2.7 should be good , black bar bug i think it was after 1.2.7)

3. Kurt

Kurt Member

4. Kurt

Kurt Member

.. there is also the issue I am having with the box where it is going to a black screen after 1.5 hours or so of running HDMI in.. Tried disabling all of the CEC settings and still no luck. I did not have this problem with 1.2.6

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well. i'm on 1.2.11 , and my box is on 24/7. never turns off

6. Kurt

Kurt Member

mine is on 24/7 as well and it does .. When I am using HDMI in

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

so if you don't use HDMI in. the box wont turn off ? whats the source of HDMI ?

8. Kurt

Kurt Member

The box is not 'turning off'. It goes to a black screen and no audio.
    I need to hit the remote's return key to get vid/audio back.
    It is acting more like a screen saver of some sort.
    The source is dish network, as it was during 1.2.6
    HDMI in (recording or not) will cause it. Running kodi for example will not cause it,
    only HDMI in

9. Peejeet

Peejeet New Member

Hello,

I have the same problem.
    It looks like daydream function is on or something.(but it's off in the menu)
    every hour with hdmi in my box is getting black screen.
    if i adjust the time in daydream function to 5 minutes it will happen evry 5 minutes.
    ones again the daydream function is off. but looks like working.

Also the problem with the toolbar on top is very annoying.
    This bar you see everywhere only in the menu screen it's gone.

i tried already to downgrade to 1.2.9 and to 1.2.7 and this didn't help.

i hope you can help me with this issue

thank you in advance.

Patrick

10. Kurt

Kurt Member

I dont even have an 'off' button for daydream..

I think 1.2.6 is the way to go, but I also think that this version had the wider black bar at the top of the screen
    (not the bar thats there now, but an actual shift in the position of the screen).
    That said, if I remember right, kodi 17 did not have this problem while HDMI was running/recording.. but I just dont remember for sure.

Someone earlier said that resetting to factory defaults solved the problem... but that means you lose anything you installed.. and I did a lot of work getting kodi 17 how i want it.
    I know I can run the backup addon, but still I am not sure if I want to try this yet either.

It looks like I may try the factory defaults run first, then if that dont work go back to a working firmware like 1.2.6
    Ill wait a few days, but I doubt there is a setting to fix this, I went through all I can think of.

11. Kurt

Kurt Member

Is there a black bar at the top of the screen in 1.2.6 when HDMI is running?

I been using kodi 17 instead of ZDMC anyway
    As long as you put all movies in the Android..data..files folder, you can delete/rename etc.. without root permission.
    thanks

12. Kurt

Kurt Member

thanks extreme1.

(PeeJeet)..Yes, daydream is the problem. It is not turning off, even if you have it set to off.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

we had a bug with it not working at all. the strange part is that i have no problems with it. my box is on 24/7, and when i turn on my TV i get the screen saver i set up in kodi ( a animation ). no black screen.

14. Kurt

Kurt Member

turn off kodi and just let HDMI in run.
    Set daydream to 5 minutes, then turn daydream off.
    wait 5 to 10 minutes and the screen will go black even with it off

15. pcristi

pcristi Active Member