Updates? @mirror ?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by multisport4me, Mar 14, 2024.

1. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

@mirror will there be a new firmware update soon? I'm afraid to upgrade from .60 to .80 and are still patiently waiting for Roon Ready (which I am assuming is Roon's fault).

Remik likes this.
  2. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Mirror on another forum indicated there will be firmware updates in the next month. One area mentioned was the replacement of the current 15 step digital volume control with something better.

FredsterNL likes this.
  3. FredsterNL

FredsterNL New Member

Interesting! What forum is that, is it open to normal users?

Thanks!

4. benma

benma Member

Digital volume control? On which device. The A8 is prized for its analog volume control.

Nutul likes this.
  5. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Think it was on Audio Science Review, in comments underneath the review of the A6.

6. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

I think he was referring to the method of controlling volume when operating purely as a streamer i.e, the digital volume control method, 15 step method on the A6, not sure about the A8 as I don't have one.

7. benma

benma Member

Almost every digital volume control is bad. You are losing bits. By the way, we are on the A8 forum here.

8. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

The last set of firmware updates happened about the same time for both A6 and A8 although the content would be different, mirror was talking generally about the Eversolo support team and what was to happen soon.

9. benma

benma Member

I have to apologize to @Jjb067. There is really a 15 step digital volume control in A8. It is available when A8 is passing its output digital signal to external digital devices. There is also a volume passthrough option. I have enabled this option on my A8, so I forgot about the 15 step digital volume control option. In my opinion it is the best to set it to the maximum level (15) or enabling the volume passthrough option (if it is possible to control the volume on the next device in the chain).

Jjb067 likes this.