Unusual Z8 Power Off Behaviour

Discussion in 'Eversolo DAC-Z6 / DAC-Z8' started by NMWDF, Jun 15, 2023.

1. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

When using the Z8's "Turn Off Display" feature and powering off the Z8, the display instead turns back on and you must then power off a second time to actually turn off the device. Seems odd, any explanation?

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

That's because the first click brings the screen back to life, as if you need to operate it; then, once the device is active and responsive, you can switch it off.
    How would you know the device is ON - and not OFF, with the screen turned off?

ammar11 likes this.
  3. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

OK, but the same does not happen using the DMP-A6 with its screen off and then powering off manually or by BT.

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It could get fixed, then.
    Anyway, people gets buying these devices with such beautiful displays, just to... well, keep them off. Strange, uh?

5. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

I should have added that the knob's ring light always remains on when the display is off.

Nutul likes this.
  6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

But you can dim it too, to off I suppose (at least on my Z8 I believe it is possible), although I agree that it should go together with the display status...

7. GUILLERMO ACERO

GUILLERMO ACERO New Member

I suppose it is done with intention: to differentiate between DAC TOTALLY OFF (or in STAND BY) and DAC WORKING WITH SCREEN OFF.

If the light of the knob ring is turned off, there would be no way to distinguish the two states.

Nutul likes this.