Unable to write usb disk

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by rospy, Jul 13, 2020.

1. rospy

rospy New Member

I don't know if this has been answered before and in that case I beg your pardon for this.

I have installed kodi under zidoo x9s android 6 for a standard view of the posters with the others android boxes in the house. The zidoo hosts the disks and the other just read them. In order to avoid the multiple configuration hassle I first check that the database reports the correct movie and if it's wrong I correct the info. Then what I do is to save the library database with single file for each movie (fanart, actors, etc.) on the same USB connected HD. On the others Android boxes with kodi I simply use local scraping using the info I previously wrote to the disk.

The problem
    : kodi is unable to write to the USB disk, only to local memory. I authorized kodi to write and open hidden files to no avail.

I read that this is a problem with Android 6.0 but it's hard to believe.

Has anybody had the same problem and found a solution?

P. S. Whenever I do the same process with files stored in my Nas the writing from kodi happens with no problem. So it's not kodi to blame.

Is there some misterious flag in zidoo to activate to give write access to kodi for usb attached HD?

2. rospy

rospy New Member

Well, I didn't remember that I could install Kodi under Windows 10-64 and that's what I did in order to write the library by movie in order to use the local scraper intead of MDB internet searching to a locally attached USB disk on the zidoo. It's a bit convoluted but it works.