unable to add google account

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by theartfulldodger, May 28, 2016.

1. theartfulldodger

theartfulldodger New Member

Hi all.

This is my first post so be gentle.

I've spent this afternoon trying and failing to add my google account to the x6.

My home network has upto 36 devices running happily 24/7 with no issues. They are a mix of Apple ipods, iPhones, emacs, pcs, xboxs, fireTVs and Android phones & tablets.

I'm stating this to illustrate that all these devices are running with no issuse.

But, the x6 has me banging my head against the wall. It wont connect to google servers. Why?

I repeatedly get the message that it can't connect to google servers and I should try again.

The x6 connects to the internet fine, I can browes the web.

I get an email from google letting me know I've connected a new device, but it wont login to add my account.

The online help just says check your cables. But more googling and others have had this issue the last couple of days.

So maybe it's just my bad luck that the day I unbox the x6 there are issues.

So more reading and a "fix" is the latest firmware v1.0.36. So I download, install and nothing.

It still wont connect to google servers and now ZDMC wont enable the webserver interface. It was working just fine before.

I uninstalled ZDMC incase that was the issue and installed Kodi 16. And it too wont enable the webserver.

So a simple question. Is it worth persevering and waiting for another fix? I can live without the Kodi webserver but I need to be able to add my google account.

The only thing I can think of is that the x6 is rooted. Will that cause google server issues?

Being rooted wasn't stated when I bought it and isn't something I have a use for.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TAD

2. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Hi
    The Rd team have know about this issue
    We will figure out the reason urgently
    By now we guess the google have just update something, this lead to a mismatching between x6 and the server.
    Sorry for inconvenienced you.

3. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

@theartfulldodger Trust me, you're not the only one with the problem. It's something that's happened in the last couple of days. If you look at the thread below yours, we're all banging our heads against the wall as well. Don't bother going through all the possible fixes, I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of. As freeroc said to you, it seems to be something changed on the Google side. I hope Zidoo fixes it quickly.
    @freeroc: The interesting thing is, my boxes that have already logged into the google server before have no problems. I have two X6 that I've been using that logged in no problem, I even logged out and logged back in with no issue. It's when trying to set up a new box that this is happening.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  4. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Yes, that's strange, Thanks for your report.

5. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Every time I've reflashed or unboxed my X6 I've had to install all of the Google apps from scratch. In my case, I either can't login or I get logged in to another regional Play Store that has no record of all the apps that I've previously purchased. There's no problem connecting to Google servers with a rooted device. Neither ZDMC nor Kodi would cause either of these problems.

You can always just delete your Google Account from System> Accounts, and clear the respective Google Play and Account Manager data and app caches in System > Apps and try adding your account again.

If that doesn't work then download the latest versions of these apks and install them using a file manager as if you were installing everything on a non-preloaded device:
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-account-manager/
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-services-framework/
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/

6. theartfulldodger

Hi Harlan.

Thanks for your advice but I don't have a google account setup for me to delete.

It looks like it's an issue with ALL x6 boxes that are trying to connect to google servers for the first time.

So unfortunately manually installing google services wont work either as other uses have discovered.

Good to know being rooted isn't an issue.

Odd that ZDMC and Kodi 16 both wont enable Kodi's webserver service under v1.0.36.

Fingers crossed for a speedy fix.

7. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

I couldn't login or connect either, until I completely reinstalled the latest versions of all the necessary apks.

8. theartfulldodger

Ok I'll give it ago.

I had read some users did as you suggest and all was ok until they turned their x6 off and then returned on the next reboot.

If you use Kodi can you see if you can enable the webserver service. Strange that it occured due to firmware update.

Cheers,
    TAD

9. theartfulldodger

After more testing ZDMC isn't using any GUI sounds in any skin. You can select it but you dont hear any clicks/dings on remote button clicks and exiting menus.

This is on top of ZDMC nolonger enabling the webserver service.

Attached Files:

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

change the 8080 port to something like 8081

11. theartfulldodger

I had tried setting it to port 80 from the default 8080 with no joy.

I didn't think to try any other ports as the x6 is having more serious issues.

I tried port 8081 as you suggested and that didn't work but weirdly port 8082 did.

So any port other than 80, 8080 and 8081 work. The new firmware must be disabling them for some reason.

Cheers,
    TAD

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well. i use 8888. did not actually test 8081.

theartfulldodger likes this.
  13. Phill

Phill New Member

Same here still unable to set up a Google account which is a real pain as I have paid apps I want to put on my new X6

14. kensbru

kensbru New Member

where do you set the port?

15. theartfulldodger

It's in Kodi > Settings > Services > Web Server

Look at the screen shot I included in an above post.

16. kensbru

kensbru New Member

Oh, I thought it was for the google acct problem because of the thread name.

17. theartfulldodger

The thread name relates to that I am unable to add my existing Google acc into the x6.

So I updated to v1.0.36 firmware and then the default Kodi webserver ports had been disabled.

What ports were you asking about?

18. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

we already have a solution now. Please wait us for develop a easy method for users.

19. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Before we release a OTA to fix this,
    Some tech-savvy users could fix it by follow these steps,( it's recommend that wait our OTA to resolve that if you are not in a hurry)
    1,Root X6pro
    2,Run a ES explorer which with root access
    3,Delete GoogleLoginService.apk in the ES
    4,Restart the X6pro
    5,Sign in Google playstore again
    6,Unroot X6pro

20. Phill

Phill New Member

Fantastic used the info from freeroc above and it worked perfectly thank you