UHD3000: How to use CDROM menu item in File Manager

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Netmask, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

In File Manager the last entry on the drop down menu on the left indicate CDROM
    Does this mean

You can plug in a drive like my Achgon USB 3 External UHD 4K Blu-ray ?
    Archgon MD-8107S-U3YC-UHD (BU40N)

• Premium external UHD 4K Blu-Ray Writer Super-Muti drive
    • Read and write regular Blu-Ray, DVD and CD
    • Support M-DISC BD-R
    • Supports the latest BD-XL burning technology and the playing of 3D content
    • CNC aluminum body
    • Comes with a USB-C to Micro B 3.0 cable and a USB-A 3.0/2.0 to Micro B 3.0 Y-cable
    • Includes zip-up carry case
    • Flashed to LG BU40N 1.00 firmware
    • MakeMKV & DVDFab compatible!
    or what?

I tried to do this but whilst my Zidoo recognised the drive as mounted when I attempted to play a disc, nothing happened, just a black screen and activity light on the Archgon.

Is it restricted to just regular Music CD's ?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It should handle all formats. Tried CD/DVD/BD myself a long time ago. But it was very picky on the drive being used. Used SATA and only one worked correctly (timing?).

Also using CD Rip(p)er had the same experience. Not al drives extracting correctly.

A list with certified drives would be very convenient.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    Netmask likes this.
  3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Maybe i should have set the zone first? I think the default from memory is A, whilst the disc I used was a local pressing B (we are the same as Europe in Australia) I'll give that a go tomorrow.
    As my post indicated I'm using one flashed for MakeMKV to handle UHD discs and works quite well with my old Windows 7 PC

4. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Well-Known Member

Yeah, would be good to know what UHD drives work, with the 1000 pro too.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It reads original discs and also data discs. You can put any movie or music album as data on any type of disc supported by the player. Will be used similar as a HDD next.

My experience was it all worked but reading BD Menu from an original burned disc was extremely slow.

6. Latch_be

Latch_be New Member

Hi,

Apparently, Pioneer BDR-XD07J USB UHD drive worked OK for the cd-ripping, see hifive.sg/index.php?topic=572.0

It would be perfect to obtain some info on playing UHD discs on UHD3000 using this or other model/brand external drive.

Regards,
    Latchezar