UHD3000 HIFI 4K UHD Media Play

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Netmask, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of purchasing a UHD3000 4K unit. Technically it appears to suit my needs. My question is really about the Movie Wall and where the NFO, fanart and poster files are stored.

Presently I have a Cloud Media Popcorn A-500 that stores all this info on a memory card in the machine. Convenient arrangement and if you need internal storage there is room for up to 8TB hdd. However the A-500 is EOL and the very useful PC program NMJ Toolbox v2 is starting to fall over. It is the scrapper where you add new movies etc. It picks up the data from moviedb and TVdb. You can write a manual NFO file if need be.

Now! Where can I find some extensive screen shots of the Zidoo movie wall and what are the procedural processes to add a new movie or TV episode?

Can you edit the NFO file? My background is I'm a bit of a techno nerd with an electronic engineering, music and sound engineering background (classical music) So I like to get under the bonnet so to speak of any equipment I purchase.

My system includes a Qnap NASE8903F (8 bay) where all my movies, TV shows and Music are stored. I will avail myself of the 3000 storage capability to store backups of my movies and TV shows. I had a similar setup with my earlier Cloud Media C200 which also had a hot swappable HDD caddy.

I have a 75" SONY Android TV with Dolby vision etc etc a separate A/V amp connected to a 7.1 system with Tannoy speakers.

golti likes this.