UHD3000 En-Route: Tips for library prep for PCH user

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Augster, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Augster

Augster Member

My UHD3000 is arriving tomorrow and I need to know what I need to do with my existing video library (located on a NAS) setup for a Popcorn Hour PCH-C200 (YAMJ/html) to ensure a smooth transition to the UHD3000?

Specifically, do I need to rename anything? Movies are labelled, "My Greatest Video (1984)"; poster art, "My Greatest Video (1984).jpg"; fanart, "My Greatest Video (1984).fanart.jpg"; external subtitles, "My Greatest Video (1994).srt"; and NFO files, "My Greatest Video (1984).NFO".

Regarding NFO files, is there a schema/syntax reference for the UHD3000? Or even better, and NFO conversion utilities?

TIA!

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I have an A-500 and changed over early this year. Like you my library is on my NAS. You don't need to rename any of your files for HT to find everything. There may be a few name confusions but that easily fixed.
    Your machine hopefully will have the latest firmware v6.1.40 if not update as soon as possible.

Quite frankly if I had my time over again I would move all my Fanart and NFO files out of my NAS to a safe repository and just leave the movie file and subtitle track in each folder and then let HT find everything and get the Fanart, posters and NFO file (follows KODI structure). An example file name best to avoid to reduce title confusion Unnatural.History.S01E03.Sleeper.in.a.Box If there is a movie called Sleeper.in.a.Box this might result in HT downloading data for that film. In the example shown it was OK but basically unnecessary just Unnatural.History.S01E03

Augster likes this.
  3. Augster

Augster Member

What reason for doing this? Relocating these ancillary files seems to suggest corruption or loss of data if allowed to remain with the video files, unless you want to do this simply to make it easier to access and manage outside of the video locations....

4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

What I mean is let Zidoo's HT download all the ancillary files. here's an example NFO file produced on the Zidoo UHD3000

5. Augster

Augster Member

Ah, got it!