UHD 5000 and Tidal app

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Andrei Gheorghe, Apr 15, 2024.

1. Andrei Gheorghe

Andrei Gheorghe New Member

Hello everybody. My first post here.
    I got myself a Zidoo UHD 5000.It runs 1.075 G firmware and I have installed Tidal app but it is not working properly. When you open the app for the first time you go through all the process of activating it through the tidal url with the given TV code and it works fine after that if you do not close it. The moment the app gets closed (system restart) then two behaviors I have noticed. One is that you click on the app and it does not open. If you clear data then it opens up in the config wizard again but you either get a black screen after you hit the login option or it goes into a screen saying that I am not recognized as a human :) :). If you uninstall the app completely then again works but only for that session.
    Any idea how can I fix this?
    I'd like to mention couple of things. The player came with ver 1.05 with no gmail and I have upgraded to 1.075 with google play option. I tried to go back to 1.05 but I couldn't.I believe the new version 1.075 changes something in the android partitions but I might be wrong.
    Also, can anybody tell me how can I close open apps on this device like on a normal android? You can do that in Nvidia Shield TV by double pressing the round button. I could not find a way here.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  2. Andrej Jorje

Andrej Jorje New Member

I used the the tidal launcher found on the polish zidoo and it works now.

3. Andrej Jorje

Andrej Jorje New Member

Still couldn't find the way how to close apps.No idea what happens to them once you switch to other apps.No task manager found or similar.

4. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

background tasks are managed automatically, but you can install a task switcher if you want it to be more like regular android. I just use the one built into TVQuickActions Pro and have it mapped to holding the menu button on the remote. it's basic but functional.

5. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

I tried TVQuickActions on my z2600 but I can't figure out where to turn on accessibility services. Can you give a pointer?

6. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

I don't think I needed to.. either that or I did it over ADB and forgot.

7. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

Thanks for recommending the app. I managed to set the permission via adb and it is working great!

8. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

And what it gives you? What is the benefit?

9. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

It adds the ability to assign up to 5 shortcuts/actions to each remote button. When you press the button, you can either choose a small popup panel to appear which you can use the up/down/left/right/ok buttons to execute the assigned shortcuts, or use press/double-press/long-press instead.

10. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Ok. But why it helps with Tidal launch problem as written at OP?!?

11. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

It gets off-topic when the app was mentioned to help with the closing of background apps. Sorry about that!

12. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Since you have UHD 5000. Could you please test if Tidal Connect is working ok from the mobile device?

gymnos likes this.
  13. gymnos

gymnos Member

Good question.

Does it stream Hi-Res FLAC properly from Tidal?

14. Andrej Jorje

Andrej Jorje New Member

Yes
    Yes it does but I would have liked to be able to search choose and go between songs on the tv app instead of the phone.

gymnos likes this.
  15. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

I have Z9x Pro and it does not support Tidal Connect. So I must stick with the standard Tidal app. It generally works but it has the connectivity issues and even does not upload to Tidal servers the listening history. So you are always stuck with the listening history as was tracked at the mobile devices or at PC Tidal app. :-(