Tvheadend plugin

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by DutchDude, Jun 21, 2016.

1. DutchDude

DutchDude New Member

I just got an X5 and it works great!

Now I'm trying to get my tvheadend to work with the ZDMC (kodi) om the machine but that doesn't seem to be working. When I configure and enable the "Tvheadend HTSP plugin" it's listed as enabled, but when I go to Settings -> TV and click enable it says "Add-on couldn't be loaded".

I noticed the "Tvheadend HTSP plugin" has version 2.2.14 and the kodi wiki says version 3.2.3 is available, but I don't know how to update. Can someone tell me how to update the plugin?

2. DutchDude

DutchDude New Member

If I intall kodi (16.1) on my smartphone the live tv with the tvheadend plugin (2.2.15) works fine, so I know the tvheadend server is not the problem.

3. DutchDude

DutchDude New Member

I ended up installing kodi from the Google play store and that solved my problem.

4. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

are you an expert in configuring tvheadend server? :) .. i would need some serious help :)

5. DutchDude

DutchDude New Member

Not an expert unfortunately, but youtube has loads of videos explaining the installation and configuration.

6. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

yeah... tried that .. but they do not go far enough for what i want to do ..
    ..or i am entering the wrong search criteria :(

7. DutchDude

DutchDude New Member

Describe what you're trying to do and I might be able to point you to a howto.

8. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

well.. i have: installed tvheadend and oscam
    no i need to
    1 get tvheadend to find all the channels
    2 configure tvheadend to use oscam
    3 configure (in oscam?) an emu (server?) (camd3, cccam ..or something like that)

9. DutchDude

DutchDude New Member

My DVB-C provider gives me about 40 Free To Air TV channels, so I don't use oscam.

To find all the channels do the following:

1) Make sure your TV adapters are listed under Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> TV adapters
    2) Define a network in Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> Networks
    3) Make sure the network has muxes listed under Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> Muxes
    4) Go back to the TV adapters page of step 1 and assign the adapters to the right network and make sure the option "Initial scan" is checked and click save
    5) Go to Status and watch if the scanning starts (might take a minute or so to start).

If this doesn't work, ask for help on the TVheadend forum.

10. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

will try this weekend
    :)