TV Shows not matching anymore

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Chris Gundry, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Chris Gundry

Chris Gundry New Member

Hi.

Wondering if anyone can offer any advise?

I have a lot of movies added and when adding new movies they add in and scan fine automatifally.

I also have a lot of TV shows added and auto scanning enabled. Unfortunately, new TV episodes and shows don't seem to be scraping correctly/at all. For example, every new episode of current shows is going into unmatched. I also added two old shows which have finished, lots of episodes, all of them went into unmatched.

I added 6 new movies and all of them matched correctly.

If I rematch an episode/folder and I select the name of the show on the left, all episodes of the show then match and scrape correctly. But it doesn't do this automatically like it does with movies...

Any ideas why? Any suggestions on what I can check?

Show names are correct.
    Episodes are named like so "Show name - S01E01". They do not have the episode name, just the number. I tried adding the episode name as well, but that doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Many thanks!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  2. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Do you use folders for each season to organize all the episodes? If the answer is yes, you should try to put all the episodes from all the seasons all together in the main folder of the TV Show.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  3. Chris Gundry

Chris Gundry New Member

Yes, I use a separate subfolder for each season. Does that not work then? I am 99% sure this used to work fine at some point in the past...?

4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

It doesn't work anymore with HT4.0 (firmware 2.3.35 or newer). You have to use the batch editing function if you want to keep the subfolders for each season.

With HT3.0 (firmware 2.3.32), no problem.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  5. Chris Gundry

Chris Gundry New Member

Ah ok thanks, glad to know what the issue is finally! I did search the forum, but somehow couldn't find it.

Do you know if it's an intentional change, or is it a bug/fault that might get fixed...?

It's not too hard for me to change some of my shows, but some will be trickier.

6. Chris Gundry

Chris Gundry New Member

Also, as you seem to know how it all works. Do you know if there is any workaround for being able to have the name of the episode in the name of your files? I used to have that, but often HT would match the name of the episode to a TV show or film.

Made up example:
    TV show: west world
    Episode name: seeing the matrix
    File name: west world - s01e01 - seeing the matrix
    Matched as: the matrix, rather than west world.

At the moment I have configured to remove all episode names to stop this happening, but would rather keep them so it's easier to find episodes I remember when looking at files.

Many thanks for your help!

7. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Better not to use the names of the episodes, for the reason that you have found by yourself.

About the subfolders, I think that’s a bug but don’t expect too much to be fixed.

8. Chris Gundry

Chris Gundry New Member

Ok thank you for your help. I've renamed a load of my shows and put everything into single folders. Will see how I go from now on!

9. Love3Dwatmos

Love3Dwatmos New Member

Just a note, I had a setup like such
    Alias (2001)/Season 1/S01E01 - Truth be told.avi

This resulted in every episode that had the same name as a movie being scraped as that movie. When I removed episode names it still scrape them as movies or Unmatched. I then added episode names back in and removed all "Season" folders, just putting all episodes in the series into one folder and it scraped them all perfectly, all as TV shows with correct episode names, separating them into the correct Seasons on the poster wall Like so
    Alias (2001)/S01E01 - Truth be told.avi

I tried this with HT 3.0 and the latest HT 4.0.59, same result for both.

Basically, you don't need to remove episode names, just season folders. Which is a shame because Kodi just ignores Season folders.

10. Chris Gundry

Chris Gundry New Member

Mine is unfortunately still not matching several shows that are still releasing new episodes. Some stuff is now matching fine, but some are just failing and going into 'others'. When I search them from the drop down it shows the show on the left and then matches them fine, so really not sure why they are not matching correctly initially! :(