Closed TV refresh rate change

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Claudiu, May 29, 2017.

1. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Hello,

Using the external player, I have activated the changing of TV refresh rate based on the source (the two toggles in settings for 24 and 30 frames). The problem is my TV (Samsung E series) changes refresh rate even when the refresh rate is already the same value. For example I set the refresh rate for the interface to 24 fps and when launching a video of 24 fps, the TV goes to all that changing refresh rate phase, even if it already has 24 fps. It is annoying and time consuming (it takes a few seconds each time you launch a movie).

Is this something my tv does or is it the same for everybody? Maybe the box should verify the tv refresh rate before trying to change it?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

May be your tv, My tv is running at 60 all the time, when i play 24 movie i don't see the change, i need to bring up the TV info panel to actually see it's running at 24

3. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Maybe.. just wanted to check with others.. I'll try a different tv set when I get the chance.

4. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Could I say this is a TV issue?

5. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

What annoys me is this player does not retain the handshake with both audio and video when you hit pause. It is understandable if you leave the movie, but pause??? Can you change that in the next firmware to keep video active? On my HT, it takes 5 seconds of blank display when you hit pause or next chapter and the audio plays after 1 second. It is annoying as h3LL and none of my other players do that.