TrueHD+Atmos audio strange problem

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by hoplitas, Jan 30, 2018.

1. hoplitas

hoplitas New Member

Hi, need your help to solve a really strange problem with TrueHD+Atmos audio.
    When I play a movie with this audio my amp doesn't play the sound but ONLY if the movie is 4k, if the movie is bluray it sound nice (only the core but it's ok my amp does not support Atmos).
    I have a movie in bluray and same movie in 4k bluray.
    I made a personal copy (M2ts) to play in Zidoo, but only video and 2 audios, no extras, no menu...
    4k movie first audio doesn't sound in my amp so I tried with Bluray copy and worked perfectly.
    The audio in both movies are exactly the same, checked with Mediainfo.
    TrueHD+Atmos / TrueHD / AC-3
    Stream extension
    8 Channels
    8 412 kb/s
    48,0 kHz
    16 bits
    I tried several things.
    With tsmuxer, in M2ts file:
    open M2ts file 4k movie and add bluray audio. FAIL, audio doesn't sound.
    open M2ts file 4k movie erase 4k audio and add bluray audio. FAIL, audio doesn't sound
    open M2ts file bluray movie and add 4k video. FAIL, audio doesn't sound
    So it doesn't matter, when I "mix" TrueHD+Atmos and 4k video the movie doesn't sound.
    Any advice please!!!!
    TIA.

2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

if your amp does not support Atmos....dont add it as an audio source....it wont play audio,since it cant
    or use remote and step audio track down to the DTS/HDMA if your amp supports those

whole reason i just replaced my 7.1 amp with an atmos/Dts-x amp
    i was having to strip out atmos tracks,and convert to DTS and reinsert back in ,to get any audio

3. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

My AVR doesn't support 4k, Dolby Atmos or DTS X... so I purchased an AVRKey from HDFury... Helps keep old equipment alive.

With this device you can send 4k to your display and the core audio Dolby True HD and DTSHD-MA to your AVR.

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

unsure how the AVSKEY works but from what i could see on its site,it doesnt convert an atmos track down to a dts type track,for your amp to be able to play(nowhere i could see on avs site ,anyways

if you have 2 audio tracks ,wont the Zidoo be defaulting to the Atmos track for output? hence no audio
    on zidoo remote ,once playing ,hit MENU key...step down to AUDIO...and choose the non atmos audio track

its how ide always had to do things ,when i was still using the non atmos amp

from what i read on the AVSKEY site,the device is more to help manage all the hdcp handshaking etc between diff devices /and age

5. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Trust me... That's what the AVRKey is made for! I have an older Anthem MRX300 which does not support 4k, Dolby Atmos or DTS X. Using the AVRKey helped me not to have to upgrade just yet... I don't think the AVRKey converts the Atmos track but rather extracts the Dolby TrueHD core... The same for DTS X.

From the HDFury website... AVR Key pass-thru any HDMI, HDCP and HDR signal from source to sink and provide a HD or FHD Full HDMI audio stream for older AVR..

I only rip my UHD movies with Dolby Atmos and DTS X audio... Because of the AVRKey... My MRX300 only gets the core audio... TrueHD and DTSHD-MA.

It works very well! There is now no need for me to upgrade my MRX300 or to the Zidoo X20.

Hope this helps.

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Ultra AVR Key – User Manual Pro Tips -Some sources like X1S or K8500 might need to have powercord removed/reconnected between EDID changes.

this stopped working after x9s updated to v2 patch?

maybe unplug EVERYTHING, replug back in

i know my GPU on PC needs that on HDMI cable sometimes to reboot things fully(if that makes sense)

also have you tried another 4k source movie...but done in MKV container..just to try narrow down where issues may be

MakeMKV is fast converter from full 4k disk source rip ,that you can dl and trial free and works real well :)

7. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

I don't think Zidoo made an X1S... so they might be talking about another device.

Regardless... The AVRKey was just a suggestion for some to get HD (TrueHD & DTSHD-MA) audio from an older AVR that does not support Dolby Atmos and DTS-X.

It is a perfect solution for me.

8. MRobi626

MRobi626 New Member

Hi!

Forget Tsmuxer(not handle >4gb audio file),use Mkvtoolnix.

https://www.fosshub.com/MKVToolNix.html

9. hoplitas

hoplitas New Member

Thanks everybody.
    First of all thanks for your support.
    Of course if I use Tsmuxer ( I read that make bluray copy with no processing video) and get only core audio works, Tsmuxer downgrading TrueHD+Atmos to core, and works.
    I only open this thread because is strange that with the same amp if I "mix" TrueHD+Atmos and video full bluray works (I can hear sound, core, but sound) but if I "mix" it with 4k video does not work, no sound.
    I used mkvtoolnix some time but I think Tsmuxer leave video untouched and mkvtoolnix not...
    Thanks anyway!!!!
    :):):)