Trouble adding a movie to Zidoo

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by jt5298, Mar 17, 2024.

1. jt5298

jt5298 Member

I can't seem to get "The Wizard of Oz" to load on my Zidoo hard drive. "Migration" and "The Wizard of Oz" showed in the list of movies on my Zidoo looking at the files from my PC, but when I went to look for them on the Zidoo itself in my Theater they were not there.
    I transferred them back to my PC, deleted them from the Zidoo and then transferred them back to the Zidoo and "Migration" showed up, but still not "The Wizard of Oz." Again, it shows up in the list on my PC connected to the Zidoo network but not in the Zidoo itself.
    What would be causing this?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  2. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

Is it showing up in an "unmatched" category? if so you can then do a manual metadata match for it.

If its not showing up in the player at all there may be an issue with the file itself. does it show up in the media browser? can you play the file from there?

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

The Wizard of Oz (1939) is the IMDB name.

4. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

I have two versions of that film (older 1080p bluray rip in VC-1 and a modern 4K bluray in H265), I'll check if HT picks either of them up when I get back home tonight.
    Its probably just a filename issue or something silly, sometimes the year in the filename confuses the metadata agent.

I mostly use a customised ZDMC rather than the default player, so I wouldn't have seen any problem.

5. Netmask

Adding the date often helps.

6. jt5298

jt5298 Member

Thanks for the replies.
    The odd thing is, it doesn't even show up in the "unmatched" category. It doesn't show up when I select source and choose the HDD in the Zidoo. Strangely, it does show up on my PC upstairs when connected to the Zidoo via the network shared folder. I can select the movie and play it on my PC. It seems if it was just a naming issue it would show up in the unmatched category.
    The same thing happened to the movie "Migration." I transferred it from the Zidoo via the network to my PC. Deleted it from the HDD in the Zidoo and then transferred it back and it showed up.

I guess I will try transferring it back to my PC, delete it from the HDD in the Zidoo, then rename and transfer it back. If that doesn't work I will try to convert to ISO or maybe MKV and try again?

7. Netmask

MKV is the most reliable in my experience. Yesterday I copied a 6 part episodes mini series. HT recognised it as the files were still being copied across from my PC via my network. In my case I’m only interested in the main movie and not extras etc, however others of course have other needs.

8. jt5298

jt5298 Member

Thanks,
    All my other rips are BDMV, movie only. These two movies are the only ones to give me trouble so far.

The thing I don't understand is how can I see the movie on my PC from the Zidoo HDD, but not when I physically am looking at the Zidoo HDD in my theater?

9. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

If you go into the media browser rather than the video player app does the file show up?

10. Netmask

My understanding is BDMV is designed for making a physical disc for playing in in a standalone player. If that is not a requirement then why not make a mkv for single title items? A lot quicker and no reencoding etc.
    I don't have "Migration"but I made a dummy file and copied it into my Zidooo, instantly HT found it and the backdrop and poster etc
    See image (from web interface) Migration.jpg

11. jt5298

jt5298 Member

What to you mean by Media Browser?

12. jt5298

jt5298 Member

I just prefer the BDMV file over MKV. I think we had this discussion before. There is no reencoding done when ripped to BDMV for the movie only.

13. Netmask

the folder on the left IMG_1925.png

14. jt5298

jt5298 Member

Thanks.
    Yes, I tried that and it does not show up when I select my HDD (source) in the Zidoo. However it does show up when I open the shared folder in my PC over the network, which makes no sense to me at all.

15. Dagon

Dagon Member

This happens to me on my Z10 Pro very often. What I have found is that it matches to a totally bizarre movie, for example you scan the Wizard of Oz and it matches to Ozzy and Harriet go to London. So while you are looking under W.. movies, it's under O.. movies. I keep all my movies in their own folder so what I do is go to that folder and see what the poster jpg looks like then I try to find that picture on the poster wall. When you find it you can re-match it manually to W of Oz. Hope that helps.

16. jt5298

jt5298 Member

I ended up renaming the file and then uploaded it back to the Zidoo HDD. It came up and I was able to get the correct cover art.