Resolved Transmission

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Claudiu, May 31, 2017.

1. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

I don't know if this is the best place for this, I guess the forum should have more sections. I am using Transmission in OpenWrt on X10 for downloading torrents, everything is fine, but after each restart I am loosing all the torrents in the list. The files are still there, but there is nothing appearing in the Transmission interface. Any ideea?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

You need to add a delay on startup script. See may tips and tricks post.

3. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

I'm not sure why at the moment, but disabling watch directory apparently brings back the torrents. I also moved the config file from/tmp/transmission to the disk drive (note: this did not worked by itself).

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

If transmission restarts it will work. If you add a delay to startup .it will work. Delay is auto. Restart is manual. Your choice. This is a known problem.

5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

I'll add this delay to official firmware.

6. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Any news about when this new firmware will come out?

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Soon.TM

8. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

After latest update, this is happening again. It loses the torrents after restart. I already added the delay to the startup. Any ideea?

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Add a bigger delay

10. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

I have 30 seconds now. Isn't that enough? Can you tell me what is the explanation for this? Why is it necessary?
    Thank you.

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

try 60, can't tell the reason , suspect transmission starts before hdd is properly mounted

12. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Transmission config file is on the same disk and is properly loaded. I'm not sure that is the reason.

13. mackie

mackie New Member

I had the same problem after last update , the only solution that worked is to Open the System - Startup item and go down to the local startup script at the bottom of the page and just add this:

sleep 60
    exit 0

after that you save and reboot and it should work.

14. xiuxiu

xiuxiu New Member

I'm still having the same problem even after setting sleep to 120. This is how my local startup looks like:
    Code:
    sleep 120
    /etc/init.d/transmission start
    exit 0
    I have Zidoo X9S running the latest firmware (OTA), and I connected my HDD via SATA cable. Any suggestions?

15. mackie

mackie New Member

Retry with just :

Sleep 60
    exit 0

xiuxiu likes this.
  16. xiuxiu

xiuxiu New Member

Thank you, it worked like a charm.

mackie likes this.