Tidal drops every few seconds on Highres - Very annoying bug!

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by gbs14ro, Jan 13, 2024.

1. gbs14ro

gbs14ro New Member

I am among the owners of an Eversolo DMP-A6 since the end of November. Overall I'm happy with the purchase, with one big exception: Tidal! When the audio quality is set to HiRes (Max/Master) and the song is at 96khz or 192khz, the song pause 2 seconds every 3-4 seconds! I did factory reset, logged in and out multiple times from my Tidal account and same situation. Having in mind that listening to Tidal in highres was one of the main reasons for the purchase, I'm quite disappointed.
    I made trial subscriptions to Qobuz and HIGHRESAUDIO and found that the highres audition works very well here. Likewise on Apple Music.
    My own files from the internal SSD can be heard without problems at 192, 384 or 768 khz.
    I specify that I subscribed to TIdal HighRes Plus and that it works very well on the iMac with Audirvana or om my iPhone with AirPods Pro.
    As soon as I received the device, I updated it to firmware 1.2.30. So, I don’t know if the problem I'm reporting also existed in the previous firmware versions.. I have installed the 2 Alpha versions that followed and now I installed 1.2.40 Beta. The problem remained regardless of the firmware and that's why I decided to create a new post and not intervene in the topics dedicated to the various firmware variants. Especially since reading all the posts dedicated to the Eversolo DMP-A6 on this forum, I saw that there were other users who reported the same problem but received no response.
    Same bug on Tidal Connect. I use last version of the Eversolo Control on iPone and iPad.
    I’m connected to the network by wire and I have Gigabit Internet Subscription.
    I would greatly appreciate your support to resolve this extremely annoying bug and be able to truly enjoy the Eversolo DMP-A6.
    A Happy New Year 2024 to everyone!

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It seems like a LAN issue to me... is your Eversolo on WiFi or wired connection?

3. gbs14ro

gbs14ro New Member

Wired Connection

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Then it is definitely a buffering problem; if you confirm that in the very same moment the same track plays with no hiccups on your phone or PC, I would suggest a poor implementation (it's relatively recent, BTW) of the hi-res protocol in the Eversolo app. It could be fixed with an update, but then again, someone must tell the devs, as they might not be around here 24/7...

5. Remik

Remik Member

I confirm that this error occurs.
    The same thing happens on my A6