The external disk is read-only

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by francishe, Oct 18, 2016.

1. francishe

francishe Member

Hi, Zidoo tech and everyone
    I used one of the file managers (xiaobai file manager) to open the box file system today and was surprised to find the external disk attached to any of the 3 usb ports was all read-only, which couldn't be assigned as the download drive. The internal memory showed normal read-and-write. This might be the season of some BT app failing to create folders on the external drive when downloading. Why and how?

2. idee

idee New Member

Hi, I am having a similar issue within ZDMC, where external storage is seen as Read Only.
    The problem I have is that I'm unable to delete files from Video, Music, etc... libraries.
    Also, I'm unable to use external storage o backup Kodi config files.

My understanding of the problem is that the security permissions have changed under Android Marshallow 6.x and Applications have to request and be granted explicit Read/Write permissions on installation.

Can anyone advise on a 'workaround' or 'fix' please.

TIA

3. fanhunter

fanhunter New Member

You can configure video sources as smb. This workaround works for me

4. idee

idee New Member

Hi, SMB is by definition a network share and I have no issue deleting files from my libraries which are hosted on both NFS and SMB shares.

The issue I have is 'Read Only' permissions via KDMC on locally connected external drives.

5. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Have you activate delete file in ZDMC?

6. idee

idee New Member

Yes, as I'm able to delete files hosted on my Network Attached Storage (NAS) which hosts my multimedia libraries within ZDMC (Kodi)

7. iMak

iMak New Member

The security permissions in Android Marshmallow is the obvious reason. My Nvidia Shield has the same limitation.