Television Episodes That have 2 in 1? Seriously? This is an issue!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Hi, I can't figure out how to add episodes that are named S01E01S01E02. So an episode that had 2 parts combined for the blu-ray. If I use TMDB Scraper with Kodi, it recognizes the combined episodes and labels them as episode1, and episode 2 respectively. Now using the same TMDB Source with Zidoo excuse for a scraper modded to not make sense or find anything in your library, gives me an "ignored" label. Plus I only see an option to use it as episode 1 or episode 2. Not both.

2. Nicholas Hewitt

Guess nobody using any zidoo player has any star trek shows or lost, or the outer limits (1995)........ so many shows have 2 episodes combined into 1, and there is no way to correctly have them in your library......... |Maybe it's my OCD, but seriously having episode 1, then episode 3 drives me nuts! That or nobody else cares about having gaps in their episode order.

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Years ago I had a couple of those back when I had a Popcorn C200. What I did was split the file into ep1 and ep2. I had to fiddle with the subtitle track a bit but got there. In fact the SRT subtitle track gives you a good indication of where to split the track. It can be tricky with MKV files as they will only cut on I frames, so you may not be able to be 100% precise. It didn't mess with my OCD and I really have it...

4. Nicholas Hewitt

Yeah but I shouldn't have to go through all that. Every other media browser has it ie emby, kodi, plex. It's the matter that's It's a problem that hopefully gets fixed. I can't even look at those shows when they're in that state. I'm pretty sure it's a quick fix in a config file thats prob 2 lines of code if that. They're going to have to do it eventually. Hopefully sooner than later.

5. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  6. Nicholas Hewitt

Sweet! Good to know! Next time I have that hard drive hooked up to my PC I'll give it a go. Thanks a lot! Also you wouldn't happen to know what the latest working version of ZUI Cancer that can be installed on the Z9X is?