[Technical support] Why the enormous difference in logging?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by DragonFly, Mar 7, 2016.

1. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

I have two boxes running the EXACT same Kodi configurations (same Kodi 16 and same userdata)

System 1 is a X9, system 2 a X6.

All differences in xml settings like /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi vs /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi have been replaced by special://home/

On first start, I noticed a HUGE difference in logfile sizes. The X9 has a logfile of about 16k, while the X6 is about 400k. On closer inspection I could see the X6 logfile is literately flooded with debug entries (while debugging is off)

Why the difference?

I've added both logfiles

Attached Files:

2. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    the version of kodi is different for the X9 and X6.
    and the debug is different for the developer to use.

3. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

You're not reading carefully. For testing purposes, I installed the same Kodi 16 version (from the playstore) and not the Zidoo versions.
    Even on a out of the box version -with no configuration at all- Kodi generates a log file with extraneous debug entries on the X6. On the X9 it does not.

Somehow the debug option is ON on the X6. I can understand the need for this when you (Zidoo) are in the development stages. It should be OFF when the firmware is distributed, or at least let the customer decide if he/she wants huge debug logfiles.