Surround sound

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by JerryA, Aug 6, 2017.

1. JerryA

JerryA New Member

OK, went back to the page for the X10 to see if I had read things right prior to purchase of this equipment. It states:
    Immersive Sound
    It is important to restore the truth of the sound for watching movie.Zidoo X10 supports Dolby ATMOS,Dolby AUDIO,DTS-HD,DTS:X, etc.. Zidoo X10 supports wired transmission and bluetooth speaker.You will be amazed by the immersive music and sound.

*Support multichannel decoding and passthrough
    *Support DOLBY AUDIO and DTS-HD passthrough
    and down-mix
    *Support DOLBY ATMOS and DTS:X(This feature requires
    the support from proper receiver)

Tried playing Kong Skull Island.iso with the Home Theater player that X10 offers with the sound going through my Onkyo TX-NR555 which is capable of both Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, but the sound from the X10 to the Onkyo is nothing more than silence. Is this a bug and it's being worked on, or is this just a plain old lie about the capabilities of the X10?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

pass trough is working , make sure you have set the output to RAW under android. turn off USB audio just in case,

3. JerryA

JerryA New Member

Tried your suggestion, and still no audio, only text in upper left corner of screen stating "This audio not supported".

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

not sure whats up with that, i can tell you one function that is working well is passtrough, so it must be a matter of settings, did you also try with zdmc ? with passtrough enable ?

5. JerryA

JerryA New Member

Sry, was gone all day yesterday. Will try zdmc this morning.

6. spring

spring Guest