Suggestions/questions about navigating bigger music libraries on installed 4TB SSD drive

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by tochtgenoot, Jan 22, 2024.

1. tochtgenoot

tochtgenoot New Member

Hi,

I could not find a topic in the A8 forum about this, so apologies if I missed it. I have been using and enjoying my A8 a lot for the last couple of weeks. Last week I installed a 4TB SSD (Crucial), operation goes smoothly. But some additions would make it easier to browse a large library (I am not a native English speaker and I have noticed that I have a hard time explaining some really simple stuff, apologies):

- If I want to select a band in the middle of at the end of the alphabet, that's quite a bit of scrolling. It would be great to have a list of the alphabet and have the possibility to jump at once to a certain letter (at the side/bottom of the screen for instance).

- The metadata of my music collection is organized mainly around the album artist tag. It would be great if we could order not only the artists according to the alphabet, but also the album artist tag.

- In my CD collection I order the artists alphabetically and then the albums by release date. It would be nice if this were also possible on the A8 (albums can be ordered by release date under "albums", but not under the artist).

- iOS app: the app only loads a first batch of artists/albums. If, for instance, I want to play Therion, I first have to click on the "B" at the side, then scroll down, so the next few letters are loaded, and so on, about 7 or 8 times, before the T appears. It would be great that, once loaded, the list of artists is remembered by the app (manual reload of the list can add new artists afterwards). It is this kind of list of the letters of the alphabet that would be great to have on the player screen as well, but of course displaying the whole alphabet all the time.

- Not about navigating but about the local library: I have the option "local data" selected, but the A8 still assigns artist pictures to the artists. Most of them are not that great (I have mainly more extreme metal genres in my collection with quite a lot of quite obscure bands). I'd prefer to assign an album cover as artist picture (e.g. the option to choose an album cover and have the last album as standard option; my album covers are embedded in the Flac files so I cannot do this at the moment, and change 2000 artist pictures is something I would not be looking forward to).

Thanks for reading!

Cheers
    Tom