Subtitle langue download trouble

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by Kristinn Torfason, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Kristinn Torfason

Kristinn Torfason New Member

Hi I have Zidoo X9S and updated to the newest firmware yesterday. I like the new firmware but I have a strange problem. When I try to download subtitles I only get Arabic and Brazil subtitles. I have tried to change in settings and select English but still only these two comes as option. Is this some fault or am I doing something wrong? It worked in last Firmware but I was stuck with subtitle offset -2 sec every time I started a video. Now that is fixed but then I got this problem. Any idea what may cause this?

2. Max-78

Max-78 Member

In my case of ZDMC / Kodi - I had to set-up first the subtitle source. Then in settings - choose the correct language (PL / EN in my option).
    In case of ZDMC - it wasn't always working correctly, also please check where the subtitles are being downloaded to (preferably: same folder as movie being watched).
    Also in ZDMC (or HomeTheater - I'm sorry, but I don't remember exactly at the moment) I was able to download the correct language (and make the changes between languages) directly in the movie playing mode.

3. Kristinn Torfason

Thank you, I have tried that and marked for English subtitles in every setting and apps I can find but all the same, the list of subtitles only comes Arabic and Brasil, I think there is limited with 100 subtitles so I can not find any oter. Before I upgraded to newest firmware this was not a problem, I could put in settings that I wanted to dowload English subtitles so that was was I got. It is marked for English USA subtitles but it is it does not work. Am I the only one getting this error??

4. Max-78

Max-78 Member

I wasn't searching subs in the last few weeks (not much time for movie watching, and I use Unlimited card to the Cinema nearby).
    Since Monday I'm using the 2.0.5 firmware and it's possible that sth is messed up.
    Can you please check which FW you're using and what version of ZDMC you use?
    Also - what is the country you're using you Zidoo and what are the language and language prefference settings in Zidoo (in general as device language) and language(s) set for ZDMC/Home Theater/Kodi? Mix of these settings may be the reason.

In my X10 it's FW 2.0.5 and last revision of ZDMC (I guess it's 17.6).

5. Kristinn Torfason

Hi Max and thank you for your reply.

Sorry I did not answer until now but I was away.

The FW is 2.0.5 and ZDMC is 16.04-13

Language is English on the box and every app so that should not be the problem. I have tried to make settings on Auto or Eng-US but it does not matter.

I am watching episodes from avi files from my private network and it has always worked to download subtitles until after firmware 2.0.5

When I came home and tried to download sub. I got English subs for two times and then the Arabic again. When it finds English subs it says Enal.. ???

I use Media Center to find the files, not ZDMC ;)

I put a picture to show you what it looks :)

Tanks for your help!
    Kristinn

Attached Files:

• Subs.jpg
      Subs.jpg
      File size:
      488.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Max-78

Max-78 Member

Hi Kristinn,

I did check it in the meanwhile briefly.
    In my X10 it's searching for all subs available (especially where there's no PL language subs available) and waits for my choice.
    I'll try to check what you've shown on the screenshots in the next week.

7. Kristinn Torfason

Thank you Max :) It looks like there is 100 file max you can see and in my case they all come Arabic or Brazil. I can of course download this my self but like it worked before it was very sweet :)

8. Dragos

Dragos New Member

hy , i have the same problem the subtitles show Arabic , whats the solution ? im on FW 1.5.0

9. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

10. Max-78

Max-78 Member

Try to search for 'default' settings for both the player and HT and set your lang. as the 'default' and alternatively English as the secong language.
    Lately I've been working much, so no time for movie watching... :-(