Stuttering with 4k Sicario UHD ZDMC does not play frame packed 3D

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by nemi, Dec 23, 2023.

1. nemi

nemi New Member

Hey,

I'm using latest official non beta Firmware for the Z9X and I can't get Sicario Running with original player. Current status is:
    HT4 - Playback with menu - Menu is running smooth but as soon as the film starts it's stuttering
    HT4 - without Menu - Stuttering with playback but in another rhytm than with menu
    Kodi - Menu is stuttering like hell but Film is playing in 4K smoothly
    ZDMC external player stuttering, internal player like original Kodi

Kodi and ZDMC 20.2

The XMBC wrapper is also no option because it only is working with lccal files and not with my NAS over network (the developer confirmed the bugs but does not fix it).

In all cases framerate and resolution is switched to the original from UHD disc.

When trying to play Alita Battle Angel in 3D this is working with HT4.0 but ZDMC is only offering non frame packed modes which my TV ignored by default. I don't see the point in ZDMC if is can't use the functionality the original player offers (external player is active). For me it seems to be ZDMC just combines the problems in Kodi playback and with HT4

Is this normal? I can live with stuttering in menus but not in the movie.

The funny thing is that the only thing which is non optimized for the Zidoo (Kodi with internal player) is the only thing which is playing Sicario without problems.

The second thing is that the hardware of the Zidoo is able to show the menu smoothly (Ht4) and also the movie (Kodi) but the software is still the main problem of this device.

2. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Curious: Are these your own rips from disc? Or downloaded from somewhere? I play 3D titles from my older version of ZDMC with no issues... Granted these are MKV movie only rips with no silly menus along for the ride.

3. nemi

nemi New Member

That are direct ISO rips from my own discs. Other discs do work and in case of Sicario the original Menu is working with HT4 fluently and with Kodi with strong stutter, the playback of the movie is the other way round. As mentioned the funny thing is that Kodi with an Intel N5105 can do both without stuttering with the same ISO from NAS.

Alita is also an original rip from my own disc. What settings do you use in Kodi for frampacked playback? I don't even have an option for that?

4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

ISOs don't work well.. just rip the main movie as an MKV and avoid the frustration. Like i said, I use Zidoo's version of Kodi.. ZDMC.. and of course you select the external player..... and my 3D MKVs work perfectly.

5. nemi

nemi New Member

Short update: I installed latest beta firmware and both problems vanished. Stable does not seem to be that stable. ;)