Stuck on hello

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by johnny_cass, Nov 3, 2016.

1. johnny_cass

johnny_cass New Member

Hi new box it worked for a couple of hours got kodi setup tried to play a show and the box blacked screened on me. On reboot all i get on the led screen is "boot" then "hello" and it wont boot up has anyone any ideas?

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Sorry, no ideas about, too few information... and this seems a question for Zidoo.

Anyway, why have you installed Kodi?

3. johnny_cass

johnny_cass New Member

sorry not kodi i mean i installed all my apps i needed in zidoos kodi counterpart

4. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I've had the same problem, a few times today running 1.26 as have a few others over on kodi forum, related to this after standby or power off box has no video signal on 4K TV's, have to plug it into a 1080p tv'to retrieve video signal, then power off box and connect back to 4K TV.
    Not good it needs sorting out.

xtreme1 and johnny_cass like this.
  5. johnny_cass

johnny_cass New Member

thank you very much mate that sorted it

6. DaMacFunkin

It only sorts it till the next time...

7. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

On my very old WDTV Live remote there was a button to change video output including HDMI out until it was visible (recognized by TV)
    Found this page: http://site.hdtvsupply.com/hdcp1.html
    Can be useful for you?

8. DaMacFunkin

No mate doesn't help, i know all that already, Zidoo needs to wake the F up and sort the 24fps refresh rate out that is causing all the problems, because force 24hz for 24hz material is causing lots of blackouts and audio loss with High bit rate files or files with HD audio, i and others have had to turn it off, and manually set the z9s to 3840x2160 24hz.
    If you turn the box off in this mode, it doesn't seem to boot with a legal video signal, it has been reported by many people now, including wesk05 on Kodi forums.

So i have had to connect a composite cable from the box to my TV.
    Now when i power on, i have to select a/v on my TV, change the box resolution to 1080@60hz (1080@24hz has the same problem) Power cycle the box in 60HZ mode, then when it has booted change the resolution to 3840x2160@24hz... all that just to get the 'film' compliant signal from the box.

Zidoo sort this crap out, it is rank amaetuer.

The problem with everything is the 24hz sync, it is a mess.