Strange database issues

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Darrinb, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Darrinb

Darrinb Member

So after taking @Markswift2003 advice, due to slow loading posters, I changed all data to be stored locally, and completely removed my database and started over from scratch. But I've encountered a couple of strange issues since doing that.

One of these issues has a large number of my movies with the movie date being 1601-01-01. It seems to have scraped the correct info...but the date is obviously wrong. Additionally on these titles, when I go to change covers or backdrops, most of them are not populated. You may see a few covers/backdrops, but most of them are blank.

This has happened on quite a few movies and they all behave the same way. Any ideas?

Another problem, and completely separate from the above issue, is after re-scanning my entire collection, and then doing a database backup, when I went into my collection, it only showed my "locally" stored movies (attached hard drives) and not the movies from the server.

I did a restore on the database and...nothing! When I went into my sources, it showed my server as "Disconnected" and wouldn't let me update, even with a backup of the database. After looking further, it appears, for some reason, the last few digits of the IP address of my scanned server changed!

Which basically nullified my database backup! How do I prevent this from happening again? And/or is there a way to just edit the sources IP address manually if it does ever happen again?