Spotify Connect problems anyone?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Ray77, May 31, 2023.

1. Ray77

Ray77 Member

When I launch Spotify Connect on my mobile device and select Dmp-A6, the app says its connected but there is no output on the Dmp-A6. The volume on the device goes to -60 dB. It takes some fiddling before I can get Spotify to play.
    Will problem go away if I download Spotify Connect to Dmp-A6? I can't find the APK to do this, however. Also I can't see display of bit rate (320 kbps) on Spotify streams, just 44.1, 16 bit.

2. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

The full Spotify app for Android is already installed. IIRC, it’s listed under the streaming apps in the DMP menu.

3. Ray77

Ray77 Member

Thank you. I went to the Music Connect menu where I saw the video instructions instead of the Music App menu where I could select which music streaming service to download. I was able to successfully download Spotify and TuneIn. Wish I was more observant .

4. Ray77

Ray77 Member

Well the Music App icons like Spotify appear on the device screen under Streaming but not on the Controller App. Only way to control Spotify on the App is to use Cast.

5. Leethornton

Leethornton New Member

Spotify is pre-installed. Just need to sign the app in via cast or on screen.

6. Miki222

Miki222 Member

I can't log in to Spotify via Facebook account directly in the A6 unit. It's simply not possible. Otherwise, I can't log in because I have Spotify paired directly through Facebook. If I give only name and password through login without Facebook, I can't do it even if the password is ok.

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

There was another guy with your very same problem, although maybe wasn't Spotify, but another service...
    I think he resorted to change the credentials somehow.

I would never grant access to any site through my credentials of another site. As a rule of thumb, of course...

8. Miki222

Miki222 Member

I understand you, it's just that I've had it for a long time and I've never had a problem logging into my Spotify through other devices like Playstation, Samsung TV, android box and others. I have my various playlists built there. I would really appreciate it if you guys could fix it so that people like me can also access their Spotify via Facebook. In the end, it was certainly intended anyway, when such an option is created in the A6 menu, but unfortunately it does not work.

9. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

Why would you cripple the sound quality using compressed Spotify?
    Instead, use a lossless streaming source such as Apple Music (which has lossless and hi-res lossless).

10. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

Why would you cripple the sound quality using compressed Spotify?
    Instead, use a lossless streaming source such as Apple Music (which has lossless and hi-res lossless).

11. Ray77

Ray77 Member

Spotify has very good personalized playlists and sound quality is quite good to my ears, at least. The A6 now supports Internet Radio (beta) and even at 128 kbps, it sounds better than FM radio. Tidal's curated playlists have gotten much better over the past few years. I mostly listen to Tidal in Max quality. Qobuz is now available at a lower price but setting up comparable playlists w a new streaming svc might take some time. I think with Roon, this wouldn't be a problem but it's subscription price is higher than some streaming svcs. If anyone has used a playlist transfer service, I'd be interested in their experience.