SOUND HDMI and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by Reinhold Neef, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Reinhold Neef

Reinhold Neef New Member

Hello,

as I am earhandicapped I was looking forward to the Zidoo X9s.
    I want to listen to movies via my bluetooth earphones and my wife via the speakers of my sound system.
    But the moment I activate bluetooth transmission, Zidoo turns off the sound via HDMI.
    Any way to change that???
    Every advice is welcome.

Kind regards
    Reinhold

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Unfortunatly it is not possible the sound manager is switch to bluetooth. You can find bluetooth audio transmitter working from the headset plug in your tv if doing so do not cut tv sound. If pluging headset cut audio from tv you can add a hdmi audio extractor or a switch with audio extractor and a bluetooth transmitter ($$$$).

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  3. Rotorway

Rotorway New Member

Hi,
    Any help is appreciated. I get a one second audio delay ( out of lip sync) when I use any of my Bluetooth headsets paired to my X9s. The audio delay is irrespective of any of the input sources, HDMI IN, playback of any type of video files off a USB connected HDD, and also with video off KODI. This has been the case from day one.
    Was hoping that software updates would rectify it, but even with 1.2.12 have no luck. :(
    I am only 10 feet away from the X9s.
    There is no delay with audio over HDMI, just on Bluetooth. Its almost like the Bluetooth audio is taking a whole second to reach my ears. Really strange.
    There are no mods done to the X9s.
    thanks..

4. Reinhold Neef

Reinhold Neef New Member

Hi, as far as I understand it this problem derives from the latency. There will always be a delay using bluetooth (mostly about 100ms). But even that is too long.

5. Rotorway

Rotorway New Member

Hi Thanks for the reply. I actually did a bit further check, and its like the audio is delayed by roughly 45 frames !!:eek: That's like 1.5 seconds if I am not mistake.
    What is the use of a Bluetooth audio if its so out of sync. ? Do you think that its some thing Zidoo engineer can look into and fix it with firmware upgrade ??
    What are you thoughts ? thanks again.

6. Reinhold Neef

Reinhold Neef New Member

I myself could not use a bluetooth headphone because all other audio in the zidoo is decativated when bluetooth is activated. So my wife had no sound over HDMI. I prefer a wireless headphone (like e.g. Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones with Charging Dock). It has a sender which is connected to the zidoo by cable. The delay is negligible.

7. Reinhold Neef

Reinhold Neef New Member

If you only listen to music the latency/delay does not matter at all.

8. Rotorway

Rotorway New Member

Hi, yes with just music it would not make a difference. I am thinking of getting one of those wireless headsets for video playback. Its a shame that the builtin system falls short.
    thanks again.

9. WasabiNME

WasabiNME New Member

Sept 2018 - this STILL isn't fixed, although the delay now is closer to 300ms, but that is still unacceptable.

Fortunately, there is a global audio offset option in the player menu that affects all playback (Kodi, HT 2.0, ZDMC, etc.). Unfortunately, it also affects non-Bluetooth playback, so I'm constantly having to mess with this setting depending on how I'm listening.

Simple solution: next firmware update, add an audio offset option in the Bluetooth settings for *each* connected Bluetooth audio device. This can be accomplished, right? And it should be simple, right? I mean, the option is already there. We just need it on a per-device basis: HDMI - 0ms delay. Sony headphones - 275ms delay. Pioneer headphones - 325ms delay.

Come on, Zidoo. Don't make me resent buying this device instead of an nVidia Shield ;)