Sound Dropouts only with Music

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by mark5564, Mar 31, 2024.

1. mark5564

mark5564 New Member

Wish you all a happy Easter.
    I am running my Z9X Pro player with firmware beta 1.0.75. On the movie side, everything runs perfectly. When I listen to music with ZDMC or the internal music player, I have dropouts every few seconds.

Everything is set as recommended with Audio Raw. What am I doing wrong?

2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

what type of music files ?

ie MCH dsf is still only 2 ch even thou it says 6ch
    Also Mch sacd isos can be staticy choppy whereas the dsf files for same album is ok (in stereo till fixed)

mch flac seems ok in raw from what ive tested and stereo flac /dsf seems fine having played many albums that way so far

gymnos likes this.
  3. mark5564

mark5564 New Member

In my case, its a MP3 files

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

have you tried other audio types ie flac , to see if its just those music files or all ?

5. mark5564

mark5564 New Member

I tried the flac, mp3, m4a and dts, there are all on 2 Channel. and the same issue.

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

im assuming your doing zidoo to soundbar then earc to tv?
    if so could you try zidoo to tv only so bypassing the soundbar and see if it still occurs via tv speakers ....ie process of elimination

i play loads of stereo audio on my z9x pro to denon 3700h reciever or using USB audio to Topping e50 and have no issues with stereo music ( theyre still working on getting MCH dsf to work correctly)

7. mark5564

mark5564 New Member

I'll give it a try this evening and get back to you.

But I would be very unhappy if that's the case. I hope I don't regret my purchase decision.

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

never heard of your issue before with the zidoo
    and as you say at top movie audio is fine , so its got to be something like soundbar compatibility or maybe a corrupt driver

you could always do a revert back to base firmware ie i think it loads .52 ish ,see if the issue is on the diff firmware then patch back up to .75 ,or wait a lil longer ,were overdue next firmware , .80 alpha had been tested like 3 weeks or so back
    either way , see if its a glitched driver ,with a different f/w

stickies back on the main page has how to and link to firmware to d/l for the reset

i did one a few weeks back , .80 glitched my box bad after 2 weeks use ,seemed pretty easy proceedure ,only risk might be not following steps exactly ,or a powercut

9. mark5564

mark5564 New Member

I connected the box directly to the TV and, as you suspected, no problems occurred.
    The soundbar is definitely ok, my Dune and Nokia 8010 don't have these problems, the music plays perfectly.
    I already had the 1.0.80 on it after about 3 weeks the Android interface collapsed and before that the following problems occurred, constant sound dropouts during movies but all kinds of movies.
    I will install 1.0.52 this weekend and test it. Unfortunately there seems to be no stable version.

If the error is not resolved, I will return the box with a heavy heart.

10. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

so similar to me with the .80 crash

so on .75 you had audio dropouts even on movies ?
    but if you move zidoo direct to tv your not getting them ?

then isnt it more likly to be a compatibility issue with the soundbar ,since direct to tv is fine ?

11. mark5564

mark5564 New Member

Postscript:

The box is connected via the soundbar again and the dropouts have become much less. I'll order a new HDMI cable straight away and report back.

12. mark5564

mark5564 New Member

Directly connected to the TV, no dropouts.

Could not test with the same cable, just connected a simple HDMI cable and it works.

13. mark5564

mark5564 New Member

I'm sorry for the inconvenience I caused, it was a certified new HDMI 2.1 cable just a few months old.

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

no worries

it had to be something simple cos zidoos just dont do that from the 3 models ive got over the years
    hdmi plug may be bit loose or something hence intermittent