Some initial problem, can u help me?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Davicom, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Davicom

Davicom Member

Hello. yesterday finally i received my X10. I have some difficults:
    • Every time i go into ZDMC resolution goes automatically 720p and remains 720p also when I exit to the dashboard....can someone helpme to fix? maybe I just set some settings...
    • In zdmc when i go to the addons page (for change language i need to download from repo) i click on install from repo, but program respond "Could not connect to repository" then "Could not connect to network"
    • When i put on an bdmv despite it show me if i want open the bluray menĂ¹ i can't, because starts automatically the movie EDIT i found this in a precedent thread "it has to do with the fact that ZDMC is KODI fork, and the menu on kodi is minimal at best and work on very few old DVD movies. Zidoo only did work on media center menu, you will have to use that if you want menu's." About that i need to use official Kodi for the menu?
    • EDIT i forgot that display doesn't show any HDR led, also i'm watching an HDR video

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

1) did you have resolution under android set to auto?
    2) sometimes happen to me, has to do with there repo and not my connection, works after some minutes
    3) no. you have to use "media center " for menu and HDR content

3. Davicom

Davicom Member

Very thanks HaoSs. One of the most important reasons i've decided to buying a zidoo unit is that, every review on the web says: "Certain support and an active community".
    So... 1) no i haven't auto resolution on android, i'll set it. thx 2) I hope that is like u say, from yesterday i can't install my language pack on zdmn. i have also downloaded Kodi official, but i listened that zdmc it's "studied" to get best performance on a zidoo machine than kodi. 3)Onestly i don't have yet noted there is a Media Player...i tought it should be zdmc on default :oops:.
    EDIT i correct myself: yes on android it was setting AUTO, then i set in quickly preference auto switch-on 1080 - 4k - 24fps to 59fps. But i can't see any mediacenter

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

zdmc is kodi with working auto resolution switch and passtrough, and also a button to play videos with external player ( the one from media center ) . but not sure if it works good with HDR content. zidoo had done allot of work for media center, not so much for zdmc, other than making sure basic function from kodi work with this soc.

Zidoo is 90% of the time busy and don't post much on forum, but you will find experienced users like me witch know the box, we can point you in the right direction most of the time :) keep in mind that zidoo is a young company so some function may not work good or take long to fix ( i know 4k tv have some problems with resolution, box not getting it right sometimes and require manual setting )

5. gamin

gamin New Member

First of all, to clarify, I don't have a X10, but a X9S. Except for the HDD enclosure, the fan and the LCD front panel, they are exactly the same box with the same hardware inside. And HaoSs correct me if I'm wrong, but firmwares are developped along (same changes when new version comes out, but can't use X9S on X10 and vice-versa).

So, the mediacenter is either automatically used when browsing files with the file manager or is directly available when you select applications (name Home Theater). It is now quite different (in terms of performances and features) since Zidoo released first version. And it is the application you need to use if you want perfect HDR on Zidoo.

Also, Kodi is not working very well on Android platforms, that's why Zidoo released it's own build, ZDMC, where you may choose to use Zidoo player or Kodi's. When running ZDMC, I can't change or download any language pack, but the best solution is to install Kodi apk available in cobric's post (http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...and-krypton-17-3-with-zidooplayer.5511/unread). He compiled Kodi with the ZDMC specs, so you have a fully working (can choose language package etc...), but still with the option to use internal player or Zidoo's (option is available in the player settings tab).

Last thing, that auto resolution thing. For what I've understood, this problem is not only a Zidoo problem. Many other boxes have the same problem. I'm running a 4K HDR Sony TV and I can't get my X9S to switch automatically. So I set my Zidoo to 2160@60Hz and I'm happy with that. Upscaling is good, and picture quality is also good, so...

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

1) correct, x9s being the first box, it has more users, so x9s will also be the first to get firmwares
    2) yes ( make sure you are on 1.4.12 firmware )
    3) depends on the SOC, not actually android , the kodi from that post is just kodi + option to have external player, ZDMC should work the same way. You can install ZDMC and that kodi, you will have 2 separate apps. You should be able to install addons in zdmc if they work with kodi, try a app data reset, make sure you are on zmdc 17.1 or 17.3, you will have to uninstall the original ZDMC and install the apk from here http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zdmc-17-3-beta-x8-x9s-x10.5589/ ( some complain on crashes on 17.3 but i did not have this problem. )
    4) if that works and you are happy . it's all ok, some just want more, all to work automatically, not because they really need it, but because it should :) just have to wait and see what zidoo does on next firmware,