(SOLVED)Z9X - (v6.4.42G) - 3D MVC (iso files) not working in ZDMC

Discussion in 'other' started by groofy, Mar 7, 2023.

1. groofy

groofy New Member

Hello

I purchased a z9X exclusively to play 3D iso files (MVC).
    Once I received it, I installed ZDMC 19.4 (downloaded from zidoo.tv) and updated it to firmware v6.4.42G

Now, the problem I have is I can't play 3D MVC iso file, even through ZDMC 19.3. The screen stay black, no sound (Jurassic park, Titanic, Terminator 2)

I found this old thread stating the same problem I have :
    forum zidoo tv/index.php?threads/fw-6-1-05-3d-problems-on-z9x.85851

From what I understand, 3D was working on v6.0 so I am trying to downgrade my zidoo to v6.0...

Unfortunately, I can't find any .img file of the firmware to do this

I have two questions :
    - Does someone have a ziddo z9x recovery image older than 6.1.05 ?
    - Anyone has a clue about what is going on ?

Thank you very much

2. groofy

groofy New Member

Okay, using the wayback machine I finally managed to find this link for v6.0.22G, keep the thread updated...
    onedrive live com/download?cid=E0EA6DBECA4DEC92&resid=E0EA6DBECA4DEC92%212240&authkey=AI_IGQF9IWD5vms

3. groofy

groofy New Member

Okay so Image recovery from mcbluna net/wp/zidoo-recovery-images (wayback machine so v6.0.22_202008111916 and G version) are not working

I extracted the zip, renamed to install.img on fat32 formatted usb key conencted to port 3.0

The installation is completed in both case but can't start.

v6.0.22_202008111916 : black screen and go to recovery menu telling the data is corrupted and need factory reset
    v6.0.22_202008111916G : Simply stay on black screen

4. groofy

groofy New Member

Okay, so I reverted to V6.4.42, this version flash succesfully

I am afraid that v6.0.22_202008111916 and v6.0.22_202008111916G simply don't work (md5 are goods on both) I will try with a brand new USB drive just in case (already tested with 2 differents usb)
    Keep the thread updated...

Also, here are the links to the flashs in case someone is lookig after them:

v6.0.22_202008111916G : onedrive livecom/download?cid=E0EA6DBECA4DEC92&resid=E0EA6DBECA4DEC92%212240&authkey=AI_IGQF9IWD5vmsMD5 : eq3knw dm.files.1drv.com/y4mtf1ag_5-MYk-fz7KoHGjgn7pT5lddxp9kEPdzc16YQ3Po1MdCtGMQ7JHJSE3A7vp2nhkHEOjws_7z3nmIvtTrgoJaDSqUB9RWYF1n6alP8xYAV1sxz8bVOaWarAmRofMMf2XCQ64QCxNsXDq2TYeyR7HBH6ep45OK3HCzjKSpmX2bQz_0K5ea_Z7419X_UJ3iiS7g1tC3X_hXHWju2rgMA/Z9X_P_v6.0.22_G_202008111938_usb-install.zip.md5?download&psid=1
    v6.0.22_202008111916 : onedrive live.com/download?cid=E0EA6DBECA4DEC92&resid=E0EA6DBECA4DEC92%211665&authkey=AAmHvEof_xTwZwU
    MD5 : uearkq dm.files.1drv.com/y4m9GldagYsCGnWdS6HwYeCs5iy7mbqGQqu4F7MrpO9IshD1wPx9Eg17fjweGtIUqAYGZS_fFwIr2VTyNzKqz3_-TllXNSDm69yne5Hv3UiAjk34rNexDH8MOyWOnOF6MCWAiUNPzT8fxU59_fWLAizF97Gi_LWUQXZOzFS4iX4IP3ZiA0xsBYGEowqgS-PGRinGwqJEYq3TzOB_jGcy2qpOQ/Z9X_P_v6.0.22_202008111916_usb-install.zip.md5?download&psid=1

(simply put the . back in the url, the forum is preventing the links)

5. groofy

groofy New Member

I can confirm the 2 images are corrupted or not compatible anymore for some reasons with the Z9x (tested on a brand new USB key 3.0 sandisk 16gb)
    I also managed to flash a Z9X_P_v6.3.92 rom wich obviously does not solve the problem

Final solution before sending it back to Amazon is trying to find an alternative source for the roms/other versions before v6.1.05

6. groofy

groofy New Member

Okay so I am stuck, support is not responding and there is no recovery image avilable before v6.1.05 online

I am waiting a few more days for an answer from the support or news on the thread otherwise I will have to send it back to amazon.

Also I am a bit upset that the player advertise 3D playback when it' not capable of doing so... Otherwise the player seemed nice

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Hi @groofy. I'm on latest Z9X v6.4.42 not G and don't have any problems playing 3D ISO files.

Why are you trying to do it from ZDMC? Can you play it by clicking on the file using Media Browser from Zidoo home screen and USB drive?
    ZDMC has 2 players. Zidoo app default player and Kodi player. Make sure you are using Zidoo player from ZDMC popup menu on the list of files "Play using..." if you like ZDMC and don't want to use Home Theater for some reasons.

8. 320Driver

320Driver New Member

My Zidoo also does not play 3D .ISO correctly. I do see a 3D picture, and my TV switches into 3D mode, but somehow the picture looks distorted and not correct. The depth is out of focus. Anyone know how to fix this? Maybe a color or frame rate setting?

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have left / right eye switched. Try this option under Zidoo menu when in 3D movie.
    Is your TV 3D 4K?

10. groofy

groofy New Member

Hello !

EDITED: I still does not work, see post below

Old post (was wrong)

So I just found out the issue, I feel sooooo dumb ahahaha
    It was the hdmi cable which was bad, I got a black screen each time I tried to launch the 3D iso now with another cable its working (omg)

Thank you very much for your answer :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  11. 320Driver

320Driver New Member

Thanks for the advice! I will go ahead and check that and see if that fixes it.

and yes, I have a Sony KD-75X9405C 4k TV

12. groofy

groofy New Member

Thank you for your reply, I thought I fixed the issue but unfortunately no. I tried to switch the HDMI cable while the movie was playing but it simply switched to 2D when I plugged it back on.

-> Why are you trying to do it from ZDMC?
    Because the home browser and home theater were not working

-> Can you play it by clicking on the file using Media Browser from Zidoo home screen and USB drive?
    I tried this configuration and also with a sata hard drive and SSD, no luck

The ISOs are good, they worked with an Himedia Q100

Some more infos :
    I am using a Xiaomi Mija 4K 1S which play 3D bluray fine

When I play the 3D Iso, the screen stay black ()

13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I just checked specs for your TV. You have active glasses.
    "...somehow the picture looks distorted and not correct. The depth is out of focus." - Is this compared to signal from 3D disk player or just in general you have this problem?

3D active glasses operate at 60Hz only, disregard what you read and hear about 400Hz and whatever else. If you have 3D movie set for "24P TRUE CINEMA" mode it will product a bit of stutter (uneven frame exposure per eye). You should be driving MotionFlow on high to regenerate interpolated frames closely matching 60Hz in 3D to be in synch with the glasses. I don't have Sony TV and can't help you with the exact settings. This could also be part of distorted picture looking like out of focus in depth.

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It almost looks like some type of timing issue. Do you have switch resolution and frame rate set to auto?

All other movies HD and 4K play OK?

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

3D not working or all movies not working?

16. groofy

groofy New Member

-> 3D not working or all movies not working?
    3D only, other movies in 4K or 3D ISO in 2D works fine

-> Do you have switch resolution and frame rate set to auto?

Yes but I can change it with the remote. If so it displays the 2D version in various resolutions and frame rate. After that, the 3D mode is still selected, I can select 2D and then go back to 3D mode where the screen freeze on the 2D image.

little update, at first I thought the screen was black but it is not. In fact there is no signal coming from the hdmi.

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

You definitely have a sync issue. What TV do you have. Zidoo can be forced to do all kinds of signals. You need to have 8bit color for non 4K and set for auto resolution and refresh rate. You have to have a signal HD (1080p) at 24fps and 8bit to be sure. Anything else will most likely cause the TV to loose the signal.

18. groofy

groofy New Member

-> What TV do you have
    It's not a TV but a projector, Xiamo Mijia 4k 1S

I am not sure to understand what I need to do, here is what I tried :
    Parameters => playback => autoframerate => frame rate mode => match frame rate and resolution
    Parameters => display => resolution => auto

It changes nothing, still the same issue

In display => color settings : i have this info 3840*2160p 30Hz YUVV8bit

-> You need to have 8bit color for non 4K and set for auto resolution and refresh rate. You have to have a signal HD (1080p) at 24fps and 8bit to be sure

Can you explain more in details were this settings is ?
    Thank you very much

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Quick Settings > Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT

In display => color settings : i have this info 3840*2160p 30Hz YUVV8bit

Where is this info coming from? The PJ info screen? What is it showing when you unplug the cable?

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@groofy, are you sure your projector can display 3D? I found some datasheet and it is showing 3D not supported. Does it do 3D from any other devices like Blu-Ray player or PS3? Do you have glasses to go with it?

Datasheet here. Last page.