(Solve) Help with the weird problem (X9S\Z9S)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by pre2k, Nov 26, 2021.

1. pre2k

pre2k New Member

Hi long time reader first time posting a problem

So my problem happened two days ago on the X9S me and my wife was watching a movie and it suddenly just shut off and I couldn't turn it back on with the remote or do anything I went and turned off the back switch and turned it back on are the hard drive that I was playing off of no longer is readable there's power going to the hard drive but it's not reading it as it was at night I just left it alone

So I use the X9S as my main player for movies off of hard drive it's been four years and nothing like this has ever happened so I thought it fried my hard drive I tested it on PC\Mac and they all read the hard drive fine there's nothing wrong I went back and tried it on my other player Z9S and oddly it's the same thing it won't read my hard drive so I tried other movie hard drives same results the two players will not read it so I tried it on a cheap android player and it reads the hard drive fine I've even updated the Z9S to the beta firmware this is just weird so I don't know what's going on he's hard drive used to work on both players fine did I do something wrong can someone please help thanks in advance

Things I've tried
    hard drives format to 4TB NTFS/EX
    SSD 500GB
    USB stick to 256GB
    USB stick 32GB (both player can read this)
    Factory reset for both players
    SATA HDD

I solve this odd problem don't know what happened but I updated to the newest firmware and then downgraded all the way back to the original firmware and then upgrade the highest form and it worked out

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021